Breakthrough Action Nigeria is a USAID funded social behaviour change project with the goal of increasing practice of priority individual health behaviour in target states in MNCH+N, FP, Malaria and Tuberculosis. Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria supports the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy control programme (NTBLCP) in Tuberculosis (TB) related Social and behaviour change (SBC) activities with aim at increasing TB case detection. The project will be implementing TB SBC activities in selected LGAs in Kano State to improve TB case finding and ensure sustained TB programming in spite of current global and national challenges.
Scope of Work
The LGA SBC Supervisor will provide required technical and coordination of TB demand creation activities in LGAs in Kano State.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide day to day implementation and monitoring of the TB demand creation activities in implementing LGA.
- In collaboration with the LGA TBLS, and partners, identify and conduct advocacy to all relevant stakeholders at facility and community level.
- Work together with the LGA TBLS in the coordination of activity across all intervention areas.
- In collaboration with the State Consultant, coordinate and manage logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, and other program activities as needed;
- Coordinate distribution of project materials to the relevant intervention sites within the LGA and ensure effective monitoring and documentation of utilization.
- Monitor implementation of TB activities amongst PPMVs, religious leaders, NURTW and community leaders in the LGA.
- Assist in the preparation and logistical planning for various events, functions etc in their LGAs.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and determining the appropriate application;
- Document the implementation process, success stories and provide key highlights including lessons learned on a monthly basis and submit the same to the State Consultant.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social/health sciences, or related discipline is required.
- 1-2 years Previous experience carrying out related task with donor-funded project is desirable;
- Previous work experience implementing USAID-funded or donor funded health programs is strongly preferred;
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details is essential;
- Knowledge of key health sector players in the public and aid sectors in Nigeria required; previous work in TB will be added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken) in English and Hausa languages is required;
- Geographical knowledge of the state is a must. Candidates who currently reside in Kano State will be given top priority
Period of engagement
6 months (March 2021 to August 2021– Possible extension of the contract subject to donor funding).