About the role
Indicina’s Engineering team is charged with executing the products that help drive our vision. Today, we are scaling the number of businesses who rely on our products while growing the number of features, integrations, and client use cases.
We are seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our fast-paced team building the latest innovative and disruptive technology solution. The Senior Frontend Engineer would be responsible for managing the front-end elements of the application. In addition to that, they would help mentor and guide junior engineers in their day-to-day activities to ensure they grow as engineers.
The role requires hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards designing and building scalable frontend technologies. We want people who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact and build something big.
If you have the right skills and are passionate about technology, we invite you to join us. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will work independently to build next-generation applications that are efficient & reusable.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Lead the architecture and coding of our product’s front-end interface and user experience
- Utilise cutting-edge processes and technologies to build scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant web-based and mobile friendly UIs
- Build aesthetically-sound and efficient UIs to consume backend APIs
- Prioritise quality by emphasizing attention to detail, code reviews, and proactive identification and resolution of bottlenecks and bugs
- Apply user testing, experimentation, automated testing and continuous integration to gain meaningful feedback for what we do
- Promote best practices in coding standards
- Develop web interfaces for multiple devices including desktop, mobile and tablet
- Adopt a consumer-focused approach in building solutions whilst working with both frontend and backend teams in determining the prioritisation and estimation of new features and improvements
- Design and document a component library and style guides in collaboration with design and product teams
- Mentor and coach junior engineers to support their professional development
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to motivate, persuade, and negotiate towards a positive outcome
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with using a broad range of frontend technologies to develop and maintain advanced, responsive, efficient and reliable web applications
- Experience with Apollo, Graphql, REST, Docker.
- Experience with Component Styling on ReactJs and Design System.
- Managing relationships between developers and product/project managers
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with automated testing – be it unit, functional or acceptance testing, A/B testing.
- Prior experience and/or interest in payment related systems
- Knowledge of best practices in the development of User Interfaces
- Experience with containerization technologies preferably Docker
- AWS, Golang,Kubernetes are a plus
- Ability to build robust CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable working remotely
Qualifications and Additional Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or other similar fields from a premier institute
- Familiarity with Git
- Being able to work autonomously and aptitude to learn new technologies independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in DevOps, Data Science, and Product teams
- Competitive salary
- High impact and visibility role in a fast growing start-up
- Annual training allowance
- Macbook + Internet Allowance
- Paid Time Off (20 days plus national holidays)
- Health Insurance
- Flexible work opportunities
- Virtual and Onsite Team building activities