Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alli...
Read more about this company
Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Clinical Quality Assurance
Persons Required: 3
Location: Cross River & Lagos
The Incumbent will plan and support the delivery of quality pharmaceutical care services in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria to the Heartland Alliance Nigeria One Stop Shop (OSS). With technical oversight from the Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Services & Total Market Approach, the incumbent will provide support to the design, planning, and implementation of high-quality pharmaceutical care services according to national and international standards and develop guidelines, tools, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and recommendations related to implementation and monitoring of pharmaceutical care total quality management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as drug logistics focal person for the One-Stop-Shop (OSS).
- Scheduling ART and OIs medication orders for clients.
- Obtaining and documenting clinical and demographic patient information.
- Serve as a member of the clinical team who are saddled with ART and PrEP initiation and Switch.
- Liaise with State and PEPFAR IPs drugs logistics system to ensure adequate and timely supply of ARVs and other medications to the One-Stop-Shop (OSS).
- Responsible for overall coordination and processing of new ART client medication orders and reorders. This includes verifying / re-verifying new or refill prescriptions into the pharmacy information system and CRRIFF.
- Lead counseling on ART side effects and identification and reporting of adverse drug reaction.
- Train clinical team members on drug side effects and adverse drug reaction.
- Ensure proper documentation of drug utilization using stipulated tools and timely submission of pharmaceutical reports.
- Provide adherence counselling, client tracking and retention activities.
- Support care and support interventions at the One-Stop-Shop (OSS) and community level.
- Attend state level meetings including TWG.
- Other responsibility as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a hospital-based pharmacy or HIV/AIDS setting.
- Must have an above average knowledge of and experience with HIV care and treatment medication.
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary team in a clinical setting is an asset.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.