LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - MONGUNO
Perform clinical laboratory activities according to ALIMA protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
- According to medical prescription, prepare and perform clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following ALIMA protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Centrifuge blood and urine samples.
- Perform laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensure proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Take care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Apply hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to ALIMA protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supply orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keep organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Report all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
Essential Laboratory Technician diploma /degree.
Minimum 1 year working experience essential.
Mission language desirable and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
Work location: Monguno
Respect and compliance to ALIMA’s and other applicable local security policies.
Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
Salary: NATIONAL PAY SCALE
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.