Job Objective/ Purpose of job:
Oversees all Lab analysis, coordinate all field sampling activities, Review and update SOPs, Schedule analysis in line with company standard turnaround time, review collated analytical reports for onward transmittal to QA/QC manager, issue lab reports, verts analysts’ weekly reports, laisse with procurement on reagent and lab equipment sourcing. Serves as the company’s official representative to technical sessions with target audiences, business partners and alliances, important stakeholders, and other third-party collaborations.
Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating laboratory operations on a daily basis.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/
- Responsible for managing different activities such as planning field data gathering activities, developing project execution plans, direct lab operations, client service, and effective strategies to drive speedy delivery.
- Develop a laboratory communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics
- Responsibilities include generating compliance monitoring reports, responding to client queries, setting task and targets for lab analysts
- Responsible for reviewing analyst performance and other important reports and data that will measure productivity in the laboratory. Part of the responsibility is to assess areas that need cost reduction program for improvement.
- Responsible for managing analyst competence and recommendation of training needs
- Responsible for preparing work schedule intended for the lab team as well as assigning certain duties and tasks.
- Interacting with people outside the company and representing the company to potential clients and other external references. Such information could be shared through writing, email or in person.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
- Average Client Project Performance review.
- Submission timeline against target
- Client Feedback.
- Number of return clients
- Analyst Performance
- Operating efficiency
- Time management
- First degree in. Chemistry/Microbiology/Environmental Management or equivalent course
- An MSc will be an added advantage
Varied certifications to prove knowledge in laboratory operations and management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ working experience with at least 3 years in an environmental laboratory
- Exposed to core areas of operations (EIA, EES, PIA, EA etc) Operations leadership experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Good knowledge of managing a similar business
- Project & operations planning and management experience
- Ability to manage and develop a team
- Strong presentation skills
- Quality management skills
- Ability to develop and implement lab SOPs Managerial:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills - Proven ability in leading and developing a team
- High managerial capabilities
- Bold and result-driven
- Ability to adapt the company’s vision with proven flexibility
- Very organized and efficient
- Problem solving skills
- Great people skills
- Must be very perceptive and aware of all the aspects of daily operations
- Having grace and dignity while dealing with the public