Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Reports to: CEO and Board of Trustees
The Head, Resource Mobilization Officer will oversee the overall activities related to the management of programs, processes and people; mobilizationofresources, grant seeking and management, funding needs and gaps, fundraising strategies and the awards process as well as the development of revenue-generating programs that may serve as a model for self-sustaining enterprises with a social development impact.
Responsibilities and Functions
Program Planning, Implementation And Management:
- Responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and develop initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of MMF strategic plan and align with donor priorities.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Develop and approve budgets and operations
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
Resource Generation, Processes And Awards:
- Develop fund generation and resource mobilization work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan,
- Establish guidelines and procedures for proposal development and monitoring that ensure effective coordination for resource mobilization, the approval of grant agreements, projecting and addressing financing gaps.
- In collaboration with MMF leadership, map resource needs and develop resource mobilization strategies
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people by managing the operations of the Foundation
- Manage the resource mobilization plan, lead grants making efforts and set funding goals for Murtala Muhammed Foundation
- Represent the organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to USG funding streams.
- Seek for funds and grants for the Foundation’s programs activities and operations
- Identify funding opportunities, coordinate and actively participate in the preparation, writing and submissions of grant/funds proposals
- Develop funding mapping tool to track and engage prospective strategic partners
- Keep up to date with the donor landscape, priorities and trends and work to identify new donors (including governments, foundations, individuals and industry)
- Ensure project/department milestone/ goals are met and adhering to the approved budget.
Organizational Management And Structuring:
- Position the MMF Brand Africa's No1 Social Solutions provider in the NGO industry.
- Seek for relevant partnership in other to position the Foundation on a global level
- Work with relevant teams to ensure the organization is structured to allow for the proper and efficient flow of work
- Lead the general performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against the goals for the organization
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence in the organization
- Manage governance by ensuring that Murtala Muhammed Foundation fosters and maintain a strong relationship while maximizing the opportunities the board of director, advisory board bring on board.
- Any other assigned task.
Key Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree from a recognized university in Social Sciences, development studies and Marketing or any other relevant field.
- MBA is required.
Experience Requirements and Abilities:
- High-level experience of at least 6 years as a senior manager in a corporate Organisation or in an NGO in a senior program funding position, proposal development, donor liaison and account management. Substantial relevant experience in pre-solicitation preparation.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Financial management, public-private partnership framework,
- International business strategy and economics
- Demonstrable success in resource mobilization
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to lead team, manage people as well as processes
- Good Operational skills required
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential, with experience in proposal development
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders, from industry, civil society, governments and international organizations.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Kindly note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us in 2 weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. Wishing you the best.