EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit or non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities; equal employment opportunities; building and strengthening the skills of our staff; and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not look at a person's gender, race, or religion when they apply for a job or when they help people in need or work on a development project.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The FSL Coordinator will be in charge of overseeing various FSL programs across different operating locations. Strategic planning, technical leadership, capacity building, staff support and supervision, internal coordination and representation, proposal creation, and reporting are all part of this function.
Reportable to the program manager EYN Project Maiduguri.
- Monitor/report on key issues and provide support in analysing contextual information in order to improve decision-making process
- Conduct timely and spot monitoring visits to projects to support field staffs on in the job coaching and to ensure that project implementations are in accordance with the project implementation plan.
- Monitor and reporting on key issues of security, incidences, risk and situation update in the organization to the project Manager and Partners in order to improve decision making processes.
- Assist the Program Manager in Internal and External Communication session and events about the project for sound awareness.
- Member of Programme management committee actively participate in meaningful deliberation during decision making for the progress of the organization.
- Write a comprehensive project progress reports to the funding partners and the project manager at monthly basis as stipulated in the project agreement.
- Support the Project officers in conducting advocacy and consultation visit to community leaders and members of the community during community entry and engagements.
- Coordinates and supervises all activities of field staff in various field of SCI projects implementations Locations
- Participating in stakeholder meetings and organizing all other activities relating to the project as well as documenting all important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Develop project strategies, ensuring project deadlines are met and determine project changes to achieve project deliverables.
- Carry out all documentation appropriately and ensuring adherence to framework for each project.
- Guaranteeing value and integrity of operation, as well as faithfulness to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and to achieve targets timely.
- Liaise and cooperate with national and international partners for the purpose of advancing the project objective. with other national and international partners.
Competence in applying humanitarian principles and understanding of humanitarian action:
- Ensure that all program objectives and actions are carried out in accordance with the major international and national humanitarian standards, guidelines, and commitments. In addition, programs are being implemented in accordance with integrated beneficiary accountability standards.
Achieving results effectively:
- Absolute transparency and accountability of resources in accordance with internal controls.
- Addressing challenging situations and making good decisions requires confidence and calm.
- Consider the long-term and short-term implications of decisions to be made.
- Provide feedback and updates to achieve better results.
Documenting lessons learned and applying them to future projects
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Share with stakeholders the project outcomes and listen to their different ideas and experiences.
- Promote good practice and work with networks on issues related to the program.
- Build clear communication and dialogue with people who are affected by disasters and conflicts, as well as with other stakeholders.
Operating safely and securely:
- Determine risks and threats to the project team and the agency, communicate them, and reduce their impact.
- Make sure DO NO HARM is put into practice to minimize hazards to partners and communities.
- Following safety and security procedures to diminish the risk to oneself, and the project team.
Working/Supervision in environment of implementation:
- Assist team members in prioritizing workload as well as promoting appropriate self-care and good stress management practices among the team.
- Remain effective and retain perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations.
- Demonstrate integrity in the discharge of one’s responsibilities.
- Exhibit ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with applicable codes of conduct.
- Plan, prioritize, and perform tasks well under pressure; and demonstrate accountability by accepting responsibility for individual actions and their impact.
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Excellent managerial courage, including the ability to confront difficult situations and seek resolution, as well as expressing a willingness to champion ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain trust by actively listening to others' perspectives, valuing their contributions, and encouraging an open door approach for others to comfortably share honest thoughts and feelings.
- Ensure staff take responsibility for their own development and actively seek feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively influencing others by understanding their interests and demonstrating how they will be met by their own preferred solution.
- Give constructive feedback to enhance the capabilities and responsibilities of another for the purpose of his/her development.
- B.sc/HND in Agriculture, Economics, Management or any related field from a certified tertiary institution with at least two (2) years of proven experience in food security and livelihood and Nutrition program.
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of Food Security and Livelihood.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- A firm grasp on and understanding of project management
- Developing and promoting effective collaboration within and across units & projects to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Willingness and ability to take initiatives not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers Experience in GBVIMS and case management
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in budgeting
- Proven capacity for management and leadership
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Computer literacy
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by filling the application form on this LINK or Clicking this https://forms.gle/6WJ3hQNdz1dDREps6 and submitting application to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV and cover letter should be uploaded in a single word document with the Applicant’s name
For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
EYN Projects does not ask for any form of payment/compensation at any stage of recruitment