WHO WE ARE AT TREKK!
Trekk Scooters is Africa’s first indigenous micro-mobility giant company, with coverage across all Africa states. We are redefining communities’ access to smart and affordable mobility. Using an efficient, fun and environmentally friendly means of transportation, we’re building better people, communities and a greener earth. From one community to another, we’re making the world a better place to live in through our sustainable micro-mobility transport.
We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to collaborate with passionate individuals using cutting-edge technologies. We therefore need a vibrant Motion Designer to stand in the gap between us and our esteemed customers by promoting our dynamic, eco-friendly and customer-centric brand.
As a member of the Community Expansion team, your mission is to grow the Trekk community while driving its commercial success and impact. You will work with a high-performing team, run day-to-day operations as it relates to marketing Trekk’s activities, and oversee visibility generation. You will lead the Trekk expansion strategy plan and work closely with the Sales team and Senior Directors to set the expansion strategy, targets, and timelines for growth in your region. Together with the Trekk team, you will manage our portfolio, undertake negotiations and set a foundation for collaboration and alignment across expansion functions on strategy and projects.
- Introduce Trekk to new markets; navigate the closed community, city, and State regulatory structures; respond to and mitigate local concerns as they arise; develop positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ensure smooth launches in new communities, and regions and ensure Trekk remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge.
- Leading, motivating, and challenging the Expansion Team through our values, leadership expectations, and with a growth mindset.
- Setting and implementing the expansion strategy for the market.
- Drafting and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for your department
- Ensure smooth launches in new communities in your region and ensure that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge.
- Managing and optimizing the portfolio for various states in your region.
- Support in the creation of presentation materials for key community events and programmes
- Present and build Solid business cases, marketing budgets, and Business forecasts and manage a financially and commercially healthy portfolio within your region.
- Setting and driving long and short-term goals for the Expansion Team in order to reach the company, regional, and market objectives.
- Secure high professionalism in your team by giving clear feedback on development areas, providing ideas, and promoting cross-department and cross-brand collaboration.
- Work closely with Trekk’s Community Manager, and other departments, including the Operations, Legal, and Marketing, and with external consultants to actualize Trekk’s community engagement goals.
- Support in data analysis to review Trekk’s performance in your region and share the relevant data with our Program Manager and the management.
- Ensure locations Trekk is working with are supplied with the needed materials and connected to the proper people and resources
- Coordinate internal and partner resources for the successful implementation of neighborhood and consulting support
- Attend virtual biweekly meetings with the Trekk team
- Build and maintain relationships with the community and the local ecosystem of mobility to drive new business opportunities for TREKK
- Define new processes and best practices to drive operational excellence
- Be involved in cost management efforts
- Participate in the hiring, training, and supervision of the ground team
- Produce ad-hoc analysis to inform business decisions
- Liaise and maintain a good relationship with the community management
- Strong presentation skills, negotiation, and influencing skills to drive commercial success.
- Demonstrable evidence of success in securing new businesses and partnerships.
- Flexibility to travel as needed; experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Articulate demeanor and exceptional relationship-building skills.
- Superb commercial and ESG policies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable sending hundreds of emails a day and ensuring active follow ups
- Strong passion for technology and clean mobility enthusiast
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: city, campus community, estate, industrial zone, state or federal government; legislative affairs; closed community mobility; politics/campaigns; advocacy
- Experienced public speaker, comfortable communicating your message and responding to tough questions on but not limited to ESG, safety, operations, etc…
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory language and parameters
- Willingness to hold yourself, team members, and consultants accountable to continuously anticipating challenges, identifying opportunities, and delivering results
- Ability to understand, and interact with technology to report and measure goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational, and multitasking skills, entrepreneurial DNA & high level of self-motivation
- A hard-working, team-player with a “can do” attitude.
- Able to work within a structured framework to reach long-term goals.
- Business-oriented, results-driven, and meet tight deadlines
- A goal-getting attitude where you like to take the initiative.
- Excellent communication in English
- Analytical, creative mindset, and excellent reporting skills
- Strong relationship-building skills & stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Must display a growth mindset with an interest in learning new skills.
- Flexible, optimistic, constructive, with a good sense of humor; must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
- Adhere to the utmost ethical standards, intuitive, considerate and kind.
- Adaptable, versatile, and solution-oriented.
- Deeper engagement between the prospective community and TREKK
- Community Growth: Measure by monthly new community member growth
- Customer experience: Measured by member net promoter score
- Number of successful launches and SOPs
- Impact: Number of work opportunities created for young talent
- Scooter usage is high (increased number of mobile App downloads)
- Engage in various activities in the region and use those events as a platform to strategically market for Trekk.
Note: This is a volunteer position