BA State Coordinator at Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
Posted on: 12 July, 2018
Deadline: 26 July, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Health Communication Capacity Col
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) supports the US President's Malaria Initiative's (PMI) goal of significantly reducing deaths from malaria in high burden African countries. Social and behavior change communication (SBCC) activities ensure Nigerians are aware of understand, and play their part in the national goal of malaria elimination.
HC3 Nigeria is working with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and partnering organizations to ensure SBCC activities achieve scale and intensity throughout the country. With over 177 million people to reach, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Interventions introduced have to achieve impact with a combination of wide reach and intense interpersonal communication activity.
BA State Coordinator
Reports to: BA-Nigeria Deputy Project Director Integrated SBC & FP
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
- The BA-Nigeria State Coordinator will provide technical and programmatic leadership for all Family Planning SBC activities - including advocacy, community engagement, mass media, M&E and other interventions - in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- S/he will report directly to the BA-Nigeria Deputy Project Director - Integrated SBC & FP and works in close consultation on technical, programmatic, SBC and M&E with the BA-Nigeria Technical Leads at HQ and the BA-Nigeria Project Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Deputy Project Director - Integrated SBC & FP with the development and implementation of the Family Planning SBC activities including Advocacy, Demand Generation and Service Provider IPC/C components of the project at state level.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships at the State level with USAID and other implementing partners, State MOHs and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Deputy Project Director- Integrated SBC & FP and Project Director.
- Coordinate closely with the BA-Nigeria HQ Team
- Coordinate the development and writing of timely program reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of the all project activities at the State level, including monitoring and evaluation system,
- The position will be based in BA-Nigeria headquarters office in Abuja, FCT
- Travel to project focal areas within the state is expected to be approximately 40% or more.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of JHU-CCP's Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor or Project Director.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Social Science, Humanities, other) required. Master's Degree highly valued.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing a Family Planning, Malaria or related Reproductive Health programs in Nigeria. Advocacy, SBCC and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Must be fluent in English and, given the geographic focus of the project, fluency in Hausa is highly desirable.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line of your email should be: "BA State Coordinator" OR "BA Social Mobilization Officer"
Please follow the below instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your Cover Letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and Cover Letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
- Recent Jobs from Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BA-Nigeria Social Mobilization Officer at Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- Know More About Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)Similar Jobs
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, USAID/Nigeria State2State (S2S) at RTI International
- Intern - Drug Control and Crime Prevention, I (Temporary Job Opening) at UNODC - The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- CEO, Reliance Family Clinics at Reliance HMO
- Food Fortification Program Coordinator at Helen Keller International
- Chief Medical Officer at Leaps and Bounds Partners
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Loving Gaze
- Country Director at CARE
- Team Leader at DAI