Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Nutrition team in Maiduguri and Monguno.
Location: Maiduguri and Monguno, Borno State
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Nutrition Project Manager, the Nutrition officer shall ensure the overall support and direct supervision of the teams working in PUI project sites in Kukuwa and cross kuwa. S/he will work closely with the deputy Nutrition Project Manager and MOH staff in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of agreed nutrition project activities in line with PUI and Donor guidelines.
Responsabilities And Tasks
- Provide technical and logistical support to the health facilities for effective implementation of nutrition interventions activities
- Analysing and reporting nutrition situation and prevailing trends
- Promote gender equity and equality through each level of nutrition activities
- Plan with Assistant Nutrition nurse s and other MOH health workers working in CMAM for effective, sustainable and efficient implementation of nutrition interventions
- Provide community level basic CMAM and IYCF trainings to CHWs /Other health professionals
- Provide technical support to MoH health staff on management of Sever Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and IYCF
- Will provide technical support from screening to discharge (admission, treatment, follow up and referral) to provide care to under five years old malnourished children and uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition cases
- Perform supportive supervision of CMAM and IYCF activities and ensure they are implemented as planned
- Supervising admission of patients to TFP and SFP
- Supervising treatment and progress of patients
- Ensuring adherence to and respect of current protocols
- Ensure the appropriate referral system between SCs, OTPs TSFPs and IYCF
- Ensure the cards, registration books and other necessary formats are filled and documented properly
- Liaise with ministry of health institutions, DPPD and other government organization at LGA Level pertaining to CMAM activities
- Will supervise and support the CMAM activities
- Ensure the CMAM coverage reach above 50% for rural and above 70% for urban community and the other standard performance indicators are met appropriately
- Ensure that the families of malnourished children receive appropriate education and participated in the nutrition program
- Ensure the nutrition items are provided to the health facilities and reach to the intended beneficiaries
- Collect weekly TFP and SFP data (admission and exit status) and report weekly and monthly with narrative reports to deputy nutrition manager ; and ensure report reaches to MoH through its chain
- Establishing linkage with community leaders and representatives
- Participate on health and nutrition related assessments
- Work in collaboration with Primary Health Care Centre (PHCC) staffs and other PUI staffs ,
- Organize review meeting at each health facility to review the progress of health intervention at Health facilities level.
Specific Objectives Linked to the Activities:
- With the support of Deputy Nutrition project Manager, ensure smooth implementation of IYCF and CMAM activities integrated with Food Security, WASH and Protection sectors according to the work plans, national and international guidelines. This will include supervision and support of the functions of the Community outreach Workers and health facility staffs
- Actively support a functional referral system from identification of malnutrition cases from different sources including community, health posts and other partners operating in the area, to treatment and follow up of project beneficiaries
- With the support of the Deputy Nutrition Project Manager and MEAL team, participate in the development and review of tools for data management when necessary
- Prepare and share quality and timely data and/or reports as requested by deputy Nutrition Project Manager
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Degree in Nutrition or Nursing or Public Health with 3 years of experience or diploma in nutrition or nursing have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with CMAM, IYCF and other health related programs in emergency contexts
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Have excellent organization skills, attention to detail, time management and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be committed to PUI working principles and values
- Have experience working within humanitarian sector and context
- Computer skills - Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Great moral and ethical sense
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy skills
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Strong understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized, hard worker and rigorous
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.