TA WASH Officer, NOB at UNICEF
Posted on: 11 July, 2018
Deadline: 27 July, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNICEF
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
TA WASH Officer, NOB
Job Number: 514376
Duration: 364 Days
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Purpose of this Assignment
- Under the supervision of the WASH Specialist, the incumbent of the post shall be accountable for synthesis, harmonization and implementation of systems for data management.
- The incumbent will assist the Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) to roll out these systems at the sub-national level through transfer of requisite skills and capacities for periodic data updated and ensure that measures are in place to enable the use of data and evidences generated for policy formulation, planning and budgeting at all levels.
The incumbent will, under the supervision of the WASH Specialist, perform the following functions:
- Support the FMWR to streamline and harmonize systems for data and information management with clear guidelines for data collection and updates;
- Support trainings and capacity development activities tailored at growing systems for continuous data update and information management;
- Support the deployment of ICT in data collection and information management, including baseline data collection, surveys and routine updates;
- Support the institutionalization of WASH National Outcome Routine Mapping (NORM) and facilitate continuous data update under NORM;
- Develop and mainstream mechanisms for data quality assurance and maintain high level of data integrity;
- Compile and provide periodic update of sector indicators on dashboards and executive briefs and also put in place mechanism to ensure that sector data is up to date, readily available and accessible to decision makers;
- Put in place mechanism to ensure that data and evidences generated are used in policy formulation, planning and budgeting, including provision of specific supports for the development of State Investment Plans;
- Facilitate documentation and share best practices in data and information management to promote learning and upscale;
- Interact with Government and other partners, NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of WASH programme/project implementation to follow up on agreements and recommendations;
- Provide technical support and guidance on appropriate technical and institutional capacity building measures to achieve WASH programme goals;
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required
- University Degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other related arm of study. S/he should have working experience in Programme design and implementation especially as it relates to data management and knowledge transfer.
- Minimum of 2 years progressive experience working in the WASH sector and in supporting monitoring and ICT-based programme implementation;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in database management and software development.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) are required.
- Good analytical skills and report writing ability including experience in tracking programme effectiveness and efficiency;
- Ability to identify learning points, formulate strategies and scale up concepts;
- Experience in networking, social mobilization and advocating for results amongst government agencies, NGOs and private actors;
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with ability to effectively lead participatory discussions and manage large group processes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values;
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in key areas of WASH implementation.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from UNICEF
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Evaluation Specialist, P-4 at UNICEF
- Know More About UNICEFSimilar Jobs
- Senior M&E Officer at Malaria Consortium
- HeForShe Programme Intern at UN Women
- Women's Economic Empowerment Intern at UN Women
- Spotlight Initiative Intern at UN Women
- Women's Peace and Security/Humanitarian Intern at UN Women
- Expert - Nigeria FCO Global Future Cities Programme at ICF International
- Senior LGA Education Facilitator at Deloitte
- Deputy Chief of Party at RTI International