Senior Data Manager at Medical Research Council
Posted on: 29 May, 2018
Deadline: 15 June, 2018
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Medical Research Council
Medical Research Council (MRC) Unit, The Gambia - We are the leading research centre in sub-Saharan Africa, carrying out internationally competitive research into tropical medicine for over 50 years. Our current research agenda focuses on three themes: Disease Control & Elimination; Nutrition; Vaccines & Immunity. Looking towards the future. we are aiming to push forward into new and challenging areas reflecting changes in national and global health priorities.
Senior Data Manager
- We are recruiting for Senior Data Managers to be based at our Field Station in Keneba and head office at Fajara respectively
- The post-holders will work closely with the database development team to ensure that the study databases meet the data collection needs of studies
- They will develop, organise and implement quality control and cleaning processes of databases that require extensive liaison and tactful communication with field personnel as well as with other senior staff
- B.Sc or equivalent in Computing, Data Management or a related subject.
- Extensive work experience and proficiency in data management - with preference given to data management for medical research.
- Diverse expertise in managing complex data from different systems.
- Previous experience dealing accurately and efficiently with large volumes of data from varied sources in multidisciplinary research projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical skills and judgement.
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Clinical Research, Clinical trial process and related regulatory requirements and terminology.
- Working knowledge of Clinical database applications.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience of training and supervising staff.
- Good working knowledge of database management software (MS Access essential and SQL Server preferred).
- M.Sc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Management or related field.
- The appointment is for 2 years initially and is subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
- The salary will be paid in Grade 2,30 Points of MRCG at LSHTM’s payscale at a net minimum monthly salary of D60,028 Dalasi. This converts to a net pay of $1,333 approximately per month using the prevailing Dalasi/USD exchange rate. Please note that the salary will be paid in Dalasi and that the USD figure quoted is only given as a guide.
- For displaced staff the package will include rent-free furnished accommodation, flights, displacement allowance for spouse and children, contribution to school fees and shipment of personal effects.
Method of Application
Applicants should download and complete the MRCG Job Application Form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the MRCG Job Application(MS Word)
Click here for more information (MS Word)
Note: MRCG at LSHTM is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates a strict no smoking policy.
- Know More About Medical Research CouncilSimilar Jobs
- IT/Media Assistant at Stresert Services Limited
- Programme Consultant - Male Engagement at UN Women
- Programme Consultant, VAPP at UN Women
- Autonomous Database - Business Development Representative at ORACLE
- Senior Manager, RF Optimization at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, High Level Support at MTN Nigeria
- Graphics Expert at Stresert Services Limited
- Motion Graphics Expert at Stresert Services Limited