If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
EnCompass offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation.
Senior Gender Advisor
- The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (2014-2019). AIDSFree is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Inc., Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH
- AIDSFree supports and advances implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level
- This is a short-term, full-time position from June 1, 2018 - September 18, 2018 in Abuja, Nigeria and will report to the EnCompass Project Manager.
- AIDSFree is seeking an experienced Senior Gender Advisor for the AIDSFree program in Nigeria that focuses on gender integration in HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs.
The objectives of this scope of work are to support the Nigerian Government and PEPFAR implementing partners to ensure:
- Community-based service providers and health facilities adopt evidence-based gender programming.
- State and LGA social service systems have strengthened capacity to support post-GBV Care.
- CBOs and health facilities can support sustained gender norm and GBV prevention and response services.
- AIDSFree will provide tailored technical assistance to meet individual, identified needs of PEPFAR implementing partners (IPs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) with which IPs work that increases their capacity to design and implement current or future interventions that are gender-aware or transformative, and prevent and respond to GBV (including referrals and linkages).
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all in-country technical work from launch to close out
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID/Nigeria and EnCompass LLC headquarters
- Oversee the in-country project team, ensure that timelines and workplans are followed
- Provide quality assurance of deliverables
- Serve as the point of contact for Government of Nigeria ministries
- Provide technical expertise
- Develop status reports and keep the Program Director informed
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field
Experience and Skills:
- 6-8 years of experience in integration gender and GBV prevention and response
- Demonstrated experience managing project teams, especially for PEPFAR or United States government-funded projects
- Experience supervising staff
- Strong planning, organization, and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Excellent English oral and written skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.