Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
· Lead, coordinate and be accountable for Nigeria maintenance activity to ensure operational maintenance performance targets are met in the most efficient and cost effective way.
· Act as the focal point for all Nigeria maintenance operations by providing coordinated management of available resources.
· Hold and fulfill the functions of the nominated NCAA Director of Maintenance AOC post holder position.
· Provide an effective maintenance service to the Managing Director Nigeria to ensure maintenance expectations are managed, understood and delivered.
· Manage the Nigeria maintenance planning organization & liaise with Heli-One regarding joint planning procedures.
· Liaise with H1, CHC Technical Standards Group, Maintenance Support Centre (MSC), Fleet and other internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure all support solutions are effectively explored and delivered.
· Ensure the Nigerian operation is provisioned with suitably qualified maintenance personnel to meet the contracted flying requirements whilst constantly monitoring numbers to ensure the support solution is both efficient and suitable to ensure safe practices and cost effectiveness.
· Ensure compliance of company maintenance processes and procedures.
· Ensure maintenance staff competency and training requirements are fully supported to meet both company needs and regulatory compliance.
· Where required, represent Nigeria senior management team at Union pay, dispute and other negotiations to foster a positive work-force/management relationship whilst ensuring clarity in company position.
· Actively develop and inspire the Nigeria maintenance team’s capability and effectiveness through support, communication, feedback and ensuring individual performance management.
· Ensure nominated deputies and effective succession plans are in place for key positions within area of responsibility
· Act as direct report for all Senior Base Engineers (SBEs) and other Nigeria staff under direct line of responsibility.
· Offer expert advice and briefings to Nigeria commercial elements and customers as required.
· Deputise for the Regional Maintenance Manager AEA as required.
· International travel may be required.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license with airframe and powerplant ratings
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience at an appropriate management level within the aviation environment
· Minimum 3 years’ experience maintaining medium or heavy multi-engine helicopters
· Demonstrated ability to effectively lead maintenance teams within a difficult support environment
· Demonstrated experience of managing staff within a similar sized operational environment
· Comprehensive understanding of the operational key drivers and how they may relate to company performance
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate with external organizations such as regulators, and key vendors
· Effective communicator, operationally driven, highly credible with strong interpersonal skills
· Broad knowledge of associated regulatory and national requirements commensurate with the role
· Strong planning, project management and organizational skills
· Fluent in both written and spoken English
· Willingness to live in Nigeria full time
Please apply ONLINE at www.chc.ca to be considered for this position. CHC is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted. Sorry, no phone calls please!
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers