Senior Officer, Internal Audit & Compliance at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Posted on: 14 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Or
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable national non-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria.
Senior Officer, Internal Audit & Compliance
Job Reference Code: WEWE-LOPIN2SNROFF
- This position reports to the Manager-Internal Audit & Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for the review of WEWE internal control systems and compliance with WEWE, donor, statutory rules and regulations.
- S/He will also be responsible for conducting financial reviews and audits of Implementing Agents (IAs) or sub-recipients/sub-contractors.
- S/He will conduct quarterly review of WEWE field offices operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as per WEWE’s manuals on financial reporting, procurement, travels and inventory regulations.
- S/He will participate in mid-year and annual physical inventory counts and reconciliation to safeguard the organisation’s assets.
- S/He will conduct investigation or forensic audit if fraudulent activities are suspected and assist during annual donor and external audits activities.
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or its equivalent in a relevant field. ACA/ACCA certification is a key requirement for this position
- Must have minimum of 3 years post NYSC experience in a reputable accounting/auditing firm
- Must have considerable expertise in MS Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in the use of standard database and accounting software like QuickBooks will be added advantage.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive CV's and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- Please, indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.
- Recent Jobs from Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread
- Internal Audit & Compliance Manager at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Know More About Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)Similar Jobs
- Finance And Administration Manager at Propcom Mai-karfi
- Analyst at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
- Head Of Finance & Operations at Box and Cedar
- Financial Accountant at Hazon Holdings
- Account Graduate Trainee at Tizeti Network Limited
- Accountant at AFM Recruit
- Experienced Hire at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Finance Manager at Pivotage Consulting