Protection of Civilian Population (PCP) Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 9 January, 2018
Deadline: 17 January, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Protection of Civilian Population (PCP) Field Officer
- Responsible for the centralization, processing and analysis of protection data. Oversees the proper entry and quality of information in the protection database and proactively analyses the information. Supports field staff on substantial issues regarding information entry and works closely with the Protection Data tea.
- Carries out training of new recruits and briefing of other ICRC staff on specific handling procedures applicable to Protection activities.
- Ensures efficient information flow and communication within the department and with the other departments
- Contributes to department reports and statistics.
- Identifies protection problems through various sources and contributes to the implementation of the Protection of Civilian Population strategy.
- Acts as the focal point for activities implementing a Community Based Protection methodology and assists field teams with project conceptualization, training on the methodology and guidance through the implementation steps.
- Participates in networking and dialogue with relevant interlocutors, ensures interaction with other departments (Assistance, Prevention and Cooperation), Sub-delegations and offices, the NRCS and external contacts.
- Takes minute of meetings, controls the interlocutors' list and, where needed, drafts external correspondence according to institutional guidelines, under the supervision of the Deputy Protection Coordinator for PCP.
- Complete tasks such as research, drafting of protection notes as requested by the Deputy Protection Coordinator for PCP.
- Plan and carry out internal protection coaching activities for all other departments.
- Support Field protection teams in their activities with visits wherever needed
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the field of law
- 4 years experience in the Protection/Tracing with very good command of the Prot6 software
- Excellent written and spoken English. Hausa and French an asset.
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
- Sound analytical skills, good knowledge of the contexts of armed conflict and other situations of violence in Nigeria
- Team-work oriented, sound communication skills, familiar with protocol and official diplomatic communication
- Very good communication and inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others (colleagues, beneficiaries, authorities)
- Able to behave and work in accordance with the ICRC’s neutrality and impartiality principles
- Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Leadership skills with ability to manage and supervise tasks with effectiveness as per the set priorities
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary
- Capacity to carry out activities and manage files of importance in the field of ICRC PROT activities
- Staff management capacity and very good team spirit
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters effectively
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and procedures (e.g. security, code of conduct)
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes and deal with important volume of work
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organizational skills
- Sound analytical skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate the job title and Location as the subject of your application
- Application intended for this role without this subject will not be treated. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
TO VIEW SALARIES OF ICRC, CLICK HERE
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Prison System Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Accountant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Water and Habitat Purchaser at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Administrative Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Cash and Voucher Program Assistant at Mercy Corps
- Intern (Public Facing) at Oxfam
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Youth Network against Female Genital Mutilation (YNAFGM)
- Call for Expression of Interest - Consultancy Service at AHNI
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Plan International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant at Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)
- Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist at Save The Children
- Gender Equity and Social Inclusion Specialist at Plan International