Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
Senior Safety Advisor
Employer: Optimus Search
Desired Expertise: Safety Officer
Experience: 20+ years
Minimum Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Job Status: Active / Open
* Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
* Participate in applicable Safety Subcommittees, EM Project Safety Committee, Project Safety Steering Teams and various NPO SHE Networks
* Provide Supervision, coaching, and mentoring to function and project assigned employees (frequent interface, career planning). Administer contractors within area of responsibility (monitor performance)
* Develop and execute training plan for all NPO employees and contractors
* Support Safety Advocacy Plans for NPO contractors
* Participate in risk assessment and constructability reviews in NPO project teams
* Ensure functional deliverables such as tool development, tool maintenance, and general interest program deliverables are achieved per schedule
* Lead or support the development of EMCAPS/OIMS and SSHE deliverables in area of responsibility
* Support incident investigation, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine Root causes, recommend mitigation measures, and manage return-to-work activities
* Advise on improvements on Contractor Safety Management efforts
* Provide oversight and direction to the project teams in accordance with the EM policies and procedures.
* Conduct periodic site assessments and evaluate Safety Performance on all NPO projects
* Participate in ITT review and bid evaluation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCES
* University degree in Engineering or the Sciences and technical certification (e.g., CSP, PE, NEBOSH)
* Broad technical and SSH&E skills with working knowledge of project management and operations
* 25+ years broad-based experience, with prior experience in SSH&E-related disciplines
* Thorough knowledge of Safety standards, codes, and practices.
* Strong, dynamic leadership skills.
* Maintains a high degree of ethical conduct.
* Must be able to effectively communicate / influence multiple levels, from Senior Level Manager to Worker.
* Ability to work in harsh environments, and / or stressful situations, with changing priorities.
* Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods.
* Proficient in primary Microsoft Office programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
* Proven management and leadership skills
* Knowledge of NPO strategies and key business drivers
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; persuasive with strong business perspective
* Adaptable to changing priorities
Click here to apply
Click on the link below each job
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers