Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
Senior Finance / Admin Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Department/Office: Finance and Administration/GREENCODE
Duration: 5 months with the possibility of Renewal
Start Date: As soon as possible, but not later than 21st January, 2020.
- The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and have the primary responsibility of successful financial and administrative management of all GREENCODE funded project accounts and budgets in the Northeast regional office in accordance with GREENCODE policies, donor requirement and global best practice.
- This position will supervise two other Finance/Admin staff. The Senior Finance/Admin Officer will report to the National coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Take lead and oversee day-to-day program cash flow management and maintenance of bank accounts.
- Review and track all project payments to ensure accuracy and proper coding of invoices and entering into the accounting software.
- Manage office petty cash, and day-to-day small expenditures; Ensure timely reimbursements and accurate log records.
- Ensure proper and complete financial record-keeping (receipts, contracts, backups) using QuickBooks system.
- Manage procurement, upkeep and tracking of project assets, including proper documentation of the procurement process through Requisition Forms, Selection Memos, and Purchase Orders.
- Ensure accurate financial, procurement and administrative record keeping across projects in GREENCODE.
- Develop and submit timely and accurate financial program reports and cash requests to the National Coordinator; Provide updates to National Coordinator regarding any financial and/or administrative requests or discrepancies.
- Take lead in preparing and presenting to the National Coordinator weekly, monthly quarterly, project mid-term, end-term and year-end financial reports as needed.
- Ensure all project payments and operations adhere to Nigerian fiscal and statutory laws; Ensure compliance with GREENCODE and donor financial and HR policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
- Oversee employee payroll processing, to include payment and tracking; Payroll will be submitted to the National Coordinator for final approval.
- Liaise with partner organizations on financial issues, as necessary.
- Prepare GREENCODE books for both internal and external auditors.
- Take lead to ensure GREENCODE’s internal control systems are strengthen and sustain.
- Liaise with bank and ensure timely submission of reconciliation reports.
- Take lead in managing standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickBooks very compulsory.
- Supervise other Finance and Admin staff in the unit.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date confidential personnel files for all staff.
- Oversee office maintenance and manage project property, infrastructure, and asset documentation
- Liaise with local legal counsel to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Supervise the other Finance and Admin staff including drivers and security guards.
- Other duties or tasks as required.
Education, Training, and Experience
- B.Sc. in Accounting / Finance, or Higher Diploma in Accounting with minimum of 3 years' experience in Donor Fund Management from a recognized International NGO, Specialized Accounting/Finance Course. Applicant of other fields need not apply.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Finance/Accounting with an International NGO.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing accounts and procurement systems for a nonprofit organization with large volume of transactions.
- Familiarity with programmatic budget preparation and tracking; Multi-currency experience desirable
- Proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickBooks very compulsory.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required.
- Previous experience of managing and supervising staff.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and completed Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are interested in/qualified for via the email below), the 2 documents should be forwarded to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- The title of the position for example- Project Officer must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.