GBV Case Worker at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Posted on: 10 December, 2019
Deadline: 12 December, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
GBV Case Worker
Location: Borno (Ngala/Monguno/Dikwa/Pulka)
Department / Sector: GBV/Protection
Reporting to: GBV Officer
Start Date: January 2, 2020
- The purposes of this position will be to ensure improved and expanded community-based services to meet the health and psychosocial needs of women and adolescent girls
- The GBV caseworker responds to incidents of GBV in a timely, compassionate, and caring manner and provides basic counseling and support to survivors of Gender Based Violence
- The GBV Case Worker works in close collaboration with the GBV officer, outreach workers, volunteers, women leaders, Local partners, health facilities and other agencies in the camp to support and provide services to women and girls who have been affected by conflict
- The GBV Case Worker will provide case management services to women and girls who need health and psychosocial support and other GBV services.
- Facilitate a process for women to have a safe space where they can meet and discuss issues relating to their wellbeing.
- Create and maintain a positive and fruitful relationship with women who use the safe space and with the general community in which the safe space is based.
- Identify, train and support GBV outreach Workers and volunteers to undertake effective outreach work, referrals, sign posting and follow – ups for women in need of assistance.
- Supervise the work of the outreach workers and conduct regular feedback and de- briefing sessions to facilitate their work in close collaboration with the GBV officer.
- Formulate appropriate responses to individual cases according to the acceptable standards and in the best interests of the individual.
- Make use of other services and referral mechanisms as appropriate and according to the requests of individual/ family.
- Coordinate and conduct community education and awareness-raising activities in conjunction with the GBV outreach workers and volunteers with support from the GBV officer.
- In conjunction with the GBV Officer, facilitate the development and implementation of community action plans to prevent and respond to GBV.
- Conduct outreach activities to encourage women and girls to seek health care and other services.
- Ensure that a psychosocial approach/perspective is employed in all work activities and decisions and that these reflect the priorities and best interests of women and girls been assisted.
- Organize and implement activities in the safe space which women have agreed on and been involved in including, but not limited to, training, information sessions, skills building and group activities.
- Work with other team member members in the community to help women become involved in literacy classes, income generation, and other activities.
- Establish regular coordination and liaison with community leaders, NGOs, service providers and local organizations etc.
- Submit program reports using the GBVIMS and other tools as necessary and requested.
- Participate in meetings and work as part of a team.
- Ensure that all program activities create a neutral and supportive environment for women and girls
- Ensure strict adherence to NCA/ACT code of conduct
- Assist in the formation and facilitation of women only VSLA groups in based location.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- University Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Public Health or equivalence is a requirement.
- Previous social work experience or experience working with women and girls affected by conflict required.
- Experience in GBVIMS, case management an advantage
- Good training and facilitation skills necessary
- Knowledge of health and first – aid beneficial
- Fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri a must plus any other languages (Shuwa) in Northeast/Borno an advantage
- Knowledge of Word and Excel programs preferred
- Willing to stay and work remote locations, field.
- Flexible and can adapt to prevailing environment.
- Computer literate especially MS word, MS Excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Cover Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- GBV Outreach Worker at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- GBV Officer at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- GBV Coordinator - Partner Support at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')