GBV Officer at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Posted on: 10 December, 2019
Deadline: 12 December, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
Location: (Ngala / Monguno / Dikwa / Pulka), Borno
Department / Sector: GBV/Protection
Number of positions: 2
Closing date: 12:00noon December 12, 2019
Start date: January 2, 2020
- The GBV Officer will be responsible for the timely and quality delivery of field level activities with technical support from the GBV Coordinator.
- She/he will manage the team there and ensure the smooth running of program in close coordination with other GBV/Protection actors.
- She/he will ensure that survivor centered approach is adhered to and GBV survivors and other vulnerable women and girls receive prompt and comprehensive services.
- Oversee case management including follow up on referrals and action plans, and support services provided to GBV survivors, ensuring that the survivors receive the minimum package
- Work closely with the GBV Program Manager/ASRH, GBV Coordinator senior GBV officer and other officers to Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures
- Maintain, monitor and measure GBV project implementation and contribute to effective information management on GBV survivors, adhering to the national guidance on case management of survivors and the SOPs
- Closely work with case workers, outreach workers etc to ensure that best practices are respected and international standards are met in responding and preventing GBV
- Participate in capacity building initiatives for staff, partners and other stakeholders to ensure quality and comprehensive delivery of project activities
- Develop weekly, monthly plans activities in line with project.
- Facilitate the setting up of and functional safe spaces for women and girls and supervise all safe space activities and community outreaches.
- Conduct monitoring of program activities and ensure standards are followed.
- Facilitate the formation of Adolescent girls’ groups through the engagement of care givers/parents and ensuring their inputs into the design of the AG is ensured.
- Oversee the case management of the program and supervise case workers to implement effectively
- Support staff to identify and link vulnerable girls to child protection actors and other service providers based on need to access support and care
- Management of field-based activities for the GBV project with support from supervisor.
- Conduct monitoring to partner activities in their various locations in close coordination with the M&E officer as may requested by supervisor.
- Submit quality reports as scheduled including but not limited to weekly, monthly etc.
- Conduct quarterly safety audits in locations together with other partners and as needed.
- Attend program/sector coordination meetings as needed and requested by supervisor at field level
- Ensure all finance related to program advances are liquidated and procedures followed for your team.
- Carryout any other duties as outlined by the supervisor.
- Proven experience in similar role desirable.
- Experience in GBVIMS and case management
- At least Degree in psychology, social sciences, public health, humanitarian work, and nursing required.
- At least Two years and above experience in similar position or related
- Flexible and willing to work and stay in rural communities especially field based
- Attended trainings on GBV and is aware of protection issues.
- Training/facilitation skills well desired
- Supervisory experience.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri plus any other local languages in northeast Nigeria an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- Computer literate with skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to stay and work in remote areas as required.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Cover Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- GBV Outreach Worker at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- GBV Case Worker at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- GBV Coordinator - Partner Support at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')