Senior Nurse/Counselor at Population Council
Posted on: 6 November, 2019
Deadline: 14 November, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Population Council
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries in three major program areas - HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth.. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
- To provide technical support and capacity strengthening in HIV counseling and testing, HIV/STI prevention education, STI syndromic management, ART and PrEP adherence counseling, care and psycho-social support group services and other secondary health care services at the community-based outpatient center, Rivers for Key Populations and their sex partners who engage in high risk behaviors that predispose them to increased risks of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Additionally, perform other related duties as assigned.
- Administer treatment and care at the community centre in line with good clinical practice.
- Provide technical support and coordinate the day-to-day clinical management of clients and running of the center.
- Contribute to local capacity strengthening of the clinical team in adherence counseling, case management and community-based participatory in research; provide HIV/STI behavior change and communication prevention communications.
- Support the project implementation team in coordinating and supervising support group meetings and commodity management.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of best practices, lessons learned and results and highlight the success of community based comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care among key populations.
- Contribute to periodic data collection, analysis, report writing and work plan development in collaboration with other program units.
- Provide psychosocial support and mental health, substance abuse treatment, and referral services 8. Provide technical and clinical support to research activities at the centre.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Officer and Project Director.
- Level of Education - Bachelor of Nursing degree & MPH preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in HIV and Sexual & Reproductive programming in the public or private health sector.
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Knowledge of MS application softwares.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the state and country when needed
- Trained and certified HIV and AIDS counselor
- Strong analytic and communication skills, ability to write clearly under time pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in PDF format (stating your current salary and salary expectations) to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the email. Example: Pharmacist (Rivers) – BEN, Joshua Ekong
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred
- Recent Jobs from Population Council
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Pharmacist at Population Council
- Medical Officer at Population Council
- Laboratory Scientist at Population Council
- Program Manager at Population Council
- Logistics Assistant/Driver at Population Council
- Finance & Administration Officer at Population Council
- Janitor at Population Council