Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Working hours: 48 Hours
Report to: Community Engagement Activity Manager/Field Coordinator
Report to (functional): Community Engagement Activity Manager/Field Coordinator
Area: Paramedical and Operation
No of Places: 1
- Carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the individual/patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and/or to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
- Identify social needs of individuals/patients through a social assessment.
- Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact individuals/patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits).
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Supervising and providing guidance to the team in charge of New arrivals activities/protection, assisting them in collect information, socio-educational activities, planning their schedule and in organizing efficient coverage.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Maintaining the network and cooperating closely with relevant medical facilities, officials, institutions, NGOs and indicating possible local actors or local NGOs which could be involved in awareness activities at a local level.
- Inform line manager all-important information expressed by the individual/communities, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Focal Point for New arrivals, Activities/Protection.
- Focal point for all protection cases in the camps, host community and the hospital.
- Focal point for arranging protection referrals to other actors.
- Supervise the New arrival process (NFI, medical and psychosocial support to be given by MSF).
- Making the link with other NGOs and facilities, to be sure New arrivals are effectively receiving support.
- Make the link between Emir Palace and hospital for protection/SGBV cases.
- In collaboration with CE team, organize the referral of SGBV cases from the reception centre, the camps and the community to the hospital for proper care.
- Raise protection issues to Field Coordinator.
- Exit interviews for OPD and IPD patients
- Safeguarding in the Hospital
- Work with data entry to ensure information from questionnaires is properly filled.
- Essential: Degree in Social Work.
- Desirable two years minimum in a similar social job.
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs will be an asset.
- English and Hausa, Mandra, Kanuri.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
NGN 231,874 (Basic salary) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, Motivation Letter and copies of Credentials (only PDF or Word) to: email@example.com clearly indicating the "Position and the reference for what you are applying" as subject of your mail.
In person, in an envelope marked "HR Assistant" to MSF Spain office in Gwoza, Maiduguri, and Pulka.
- Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate.
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.
- This Postion is open to Females only
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.