Senior Specialist - Products (Cloud and Hosting) at Vodacom Nigeria
Posted on: 12 September, 2019
Deadline: 26 September, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Vodacom Nigeria
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Senior Specialist - Products (Cloud and Hosting)
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Commercial Department
Reporting to: Snr. Manager Product Portfolio
- Working within the Product development team, this role is responsible for development and management of the Cloud product set.
- You will be responsible for product definitions, pricing strategies, product features as well as all service and support aspects of the overall Cloud Services product offerings.
- Candidate will work closely with the Sales, Solution Architecture, Project Management and members of other teams as required from time to time.
- As a Senior Specialist - Products (Cloud and Hosting, you will build trust, value others, communicate effectively and politely with mutual respect, maintain professional internal and external relationship that meets company core value.
- Work with Stakeholders to define/scope and develop world-class Cloud, SaaS, Backup and DR offerings
- Oversee, support and champion initiatives across various teams to translate product and service delivery strategies into successful business outcomes
- Develop and present compelling business cases and product positioning in the marketplace
- Define product definitions, pricing strategies, product features as well as all service and support aspects of the overall Cloud Services product offerings.
- Identify and work with vendor partners to establish thought leadership in their various markets and work with them to reach their customer base.
- Manage cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Operations, Engineering, Solution Architecture, and Sales to help define and shape the go-to-market strategy for your products.
- Own the product lifecycle and have a point of view on change management in all aspects of new product introduction and sustaining efforts.
- Evangelize our current solutions internally and externally via blogs, conferences, workshops and customer meet-ups.
- Work directly with the Executive Team as necessary to fulfill the vision and strategy of the corporate efforts that are executed inside your portfolio.
- Provide the Sales Organisation business consultative support required to sell the Cloud product. The Product Specialist shall function as the in-house product subject matter expert and a reference point for the Sales and Solutions Architecture team
- Provide pricing support to the Solutions Architecture team for pre-sales solution formulation including bid preparation
- Have a good understanding of customer and market dynamics.
Our Qualification Requirements
- You must have a degree in Business or Technology with a minimum of 5-10 years post NYSC Experience in product development/management, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
What’s important to us?
- We are looking for individuals with proven experience as a Product development and management, deep understanding of the Cloud IaaS and Enterprise Virtualization markets, with a heavy focus on VMWare and its eco-system, public cloud systems like AWS, Azure and GSuite.
- It is desirable for you to have Top Technical competence with keen business acumen, ability to take complex technical concepts and communicate them simply and effectively to non-technical audience
- Also, we require a good communicator that can drive C-Level conversations with a bang! Experience at a Senior/ Expert level in cloud product (of any type) e.g, IaaS or Hosting would be a bonus!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.
- Recent Jobs from Vodacom Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Product Specialist- Unified Communications at Vodacom Nigeria
- Business Development Support at Vodacom Nigeria
- Know More About Vodacom NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- IT Tech Support at 9NL LTD
- Software Developer at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Pre-Sales Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Senior IT Support Officer at Elkris Foods
- IT Officer at Creative Associates International
- Junior/Mid-Level Developer at AGL Consulting Ltd
- Web Developer at Sahel Capital
- Verification Officer at Creative Associates International