Product Specialist- Unified Communications at Vodacom Nigeria
Posted on: 12 September, 2019
Deadline: 26 September, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Vodacom Nigeria
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Product Specialist- Unified Communications
Department: Commercial Department
Reporting to: Snr. Manager Product Portfolio
Job type: Full-time
Band: Band H
Employment Type: Permanent
- Working within the Product development team, you will manage products through its life cycle including the development, launch and management of the products, marketing plans, business plans, channel interaction and information sharing regarding the products.
- You will develop Unified Communications products and services including Hosted Contact Centers, on site IP PBX and Hosted IP PBX’s, VoIP, Video Conferencing and Fixed and Mobile converged services.
- The Product Specialist- Unified Communications will work closely with the Sales, Solution Architecture, Project Management, and members of other teams as required from time to time. You will build trust, value others, communicate effectively and politely with mutual respect, maintain relationships that meet company core value.
- Follow defined product methodology in terms of taking product to market.
- Analyse products through the various stages in the product life cycle.
- Conduct required market research if and when required to accurately capture customer / business needs and views.
- Define new products to be developed that will meet specific identified customer needs.
- Work with various parts of the business to develop and launch new products or services.
- Understand the target market and ensure the marketing effort is directed towards identified segments in the most effective manner, including providing strategic product direction based on market trends, customer needs and market opportunities
- Work with Marketing to develop collaterals, promotions and advertising campaigns for products.
- Gather intelligence on the product performance, customer and distribution channel attitudes.
- Identify problems and opportunities within the market.
- Liaise with various departments and external vendors in order to ensure that the product meets overall objectives.
- Where required, management of product contracts and agreements both internal and external to Vodacom (includes vendors and business partners)
- Prepare product presentations and information / training material on the product.
- Compile monthly product management reports analysing the growth and decline of the product.
What’s important to us?
- We are looking for individuals with exceptionally strong knowledge of Unified Communications product and services; Hosted and on site IP PBX’s, Hosted Call Centres, VoIP telephony, Video services, Fixed and Mobile Converged products and services, Knowledge of Fixed and Broadband Access & IP Products and Services and basic networks Layer 2 and 3 products..
- Also, we require you to have experience in Financial Performance Management, Accounting practices, Commercial, Business and Product Management experience.
Our Qualification Requirements
- You must have a degree preferably in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years post NYSC Experience in in Telecommunications or ICT environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.
- Recent Jobs from Vodacom Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Business Development Support at Vodacom Nigeria
- Senior Specialist - Products (Cloud and Hosting) at Vodacom Nigeria
- Know More About Vodacom NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Python Software Engineer at Code for Africa
- System Administrator and Production Support Officer at Superflux International Limited
- Junior Programmer and Production Support Officer at Superflux International Limited
- Senior Technical Specialist-Application at Blue Turtle Nigeria
- System Analyst at Blue Turtle Nigeria
- Software IT Specialist at Hubmart Stores Limited
- ICT Specialist II at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Multimedia Graphics Designer at Lagos Business School