Senior Front-End Engineer at BitPesa
Posted on: 6 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at BitPesa
BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Senior Front-End Engineer
- We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who can help our ever-growing team in moving us to the latest generation of frontend application development whilst also making sure our direct to customer products remain performant and available to our customers.
- Our Engineering headquarters are located in London, however we also have offices and some engineers working in Nairobi and Lagos and will happily consider candidates in any of these locations.
- Innovate, Develop, Maintain and Contribute to the existing BitPesa codebase and it’s associated applications
- Work closely with the engineering leads to aid with architecture decisions for the application and supporting infrastructure
- Mentor, train and support other engineers in order to develop our in house frontend development skills
- Good knowledge of working with APIs and specifically using them as data sources for frontend applications
- Familiarity with deploying and managing frontend applications on the cloud in an automated way
- Proficient with CSS3 and related tools/methodologies such as Less and/or Sass, CSS modules, CSS-in-JS etc
- A strong and flexible work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of software deployment tooling and orchestration.
- Good knowledge of cloud providers, especially AWS.
- Good knowledge of source control using Git
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring and alerting tools.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology specifically Scrum
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, especially the 12 Factor App and Infrastructure as Code
- Familiarity with container architecture, especially Docker
- Preference to participate in pair-programming and using GitHub pull requests to review code of others
- Confidence in refactoring and working with both new and existing codebases
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use the least amount of paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- …and more!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BitPesa career website on bitpesa.workable.com to apply
- Know More About BitPesaSimilar Jobs
- Workshop Manager at Ascentech Services Limited
- Senior Metering Engineer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Facility Management Officer at Landover Company Limited
- Maintenance Officer/Facility Manager at Masters Ville Children School
- Python Software Engineer at Code for Africa
- System Administrator and Production Support Officer at Superflux International Limited
- Junior Programmer and Production Support Officer at Superflux International Limited
- Facility Manager at Mecer Consulting Limited