Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Program Manager, Talent Product
Locations: Lagos - Nigeria, Nairobi - Kenya
Reporting to: Senior Program Manager
Experience: Mid Level
Type: Full Time
About The Role
- The Program Manager works within the Talent Product team that is focused on scaling the talent of Andela’s 1000+ engineers and providing increased value to our partners. They will manage initiatives and projects, collaborating across teams and functions, and support the goals of the Talent Product roadmap.
- Oversees projects, initiatives, budgets, and operating plans to support the tactical and strategic direction of Talent Product and Andela.
- Collaborates with cross-departmental stakeholders (Partner Engineering, Sales, Staffing .etc.) to ensure seamless execution.
- Monitors and evaluates program performance and success metrics.
- Contributes to and take lead on communicating progress, impact, learnings, and recommendations to relevant stakeholders across Andela.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with stakeholders across multiple departments (Sales, Staffing, Partner Engineering, Technology, etc) and leverages rapport to drive Talent Product goals.
- Builds and manages channels for communication, collaboration, user testing, feedback and program adoption within the Andela Engineering Community.
- Accurately routes skill/issue requests for escalation, remediation, and prioritization.
- Atleast 3+ years of program management experience (or experience in a related field).
- Familiarity in a software related field such as Software Engineering, Engineering Management or Product Management.
- Strong experience in project/program management methodologies, tools, and techniques - and knows how and when to apply each approach.
- Strong ability to be analytical (quantitative and qualitative), problem solve, think big picture, and get into the weeds.
- Strong experience with leading teams/projects using agile practices.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
- High level of proficiency with Google suite(sheets, docs, slides) and communication technologies, such as Slack and Zoom.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience collaborating effectively across multiple functions.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, cultural sensitivity, and the integrity that exemplifies Andela’s values.
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply