Quantity Surveyor at Pivotage Consulting
Posted on: 29 August, 2019
Deadline: 9 September, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Pivotage Consulting
Pivotage Consulting - We are a professional outfit that offers a wide spectrum of strategic Human Resource Services; particularly - Innovative Staffing Solutions, Potent L&D Interventions and Flexible Outsourcing to both big and small organizations across different business sectors.
Type: Full Time
Career: Mid/Level Expert
Reports to: MD/CEO
- To ensure cost control across all projects at all-time neither compromising standard nor losing business opportunities as well as managing project margins and adding value to the project process by being proactively involved in cost management and reporting.
- Carry out periodic valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs
- Prepare and monitor project cash-flow forecasts.
- Provide advice to project team on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Support in the vetting of the commercials of subcontractors’ tenders and contracts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Monitor and keep record of basic material rates and other relevant data as may be directed by the CEO
- Liaise with clients and contractors personnel on site
- Carry out physical measurement/assessment of site works so as to certify the value of work done.
- Plan and manage all costs associated with all types of projects, from outset until completion
- Initiate feasibility studies prior to the commencement of any project
- Carry out independent quality checks on ongoing projects at different milestones
- Carry out spot checks on on-going projects and report findings to CEO.
- Measure, value, submit, negotiate and substantiate contract variations and ensure that same is approved by customers before any additional scope of work
- Measure, value, and negotiate contract variations from sub-contractors and ensure that same is within reasonable cost parameters and recommend for management approval, before any additional scope of work is approved and carried out by sub-contractors
- Preparation of BOQ and adherence to company’s project margin targets
- Carry out other professional functions for the purpose of the success of the project as may be directed by the CEO
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the CEO from time to time
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Oversight function on all engineering jobs for clients, build to suit and existing sites.
- Attending meetings on request in client’s office.
- Initiating cost with basic cost information from sales or procurement representatives
- Maintains and develop business relationship between Company and client.
- Customer focus
- B.Sc. in Quantity Surveying (Required)
- M.Sc. in Quantity Surveying (Added Advantage)
- The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (Additional advantage)
- 3 - 5 years quantity surveying experience
- Ability to use the computer effectively & efficiently
- Performance and result-oriented
- People Management Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Analytical and Technical Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format) only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the role "the job title" as the subject of your application.
- Recent Jobs from Pivotage Consulting
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- HR Business Development Officer at Pivotage Consulting
- Treasury Accountant at Pivotage Consulting