Head, Information Technology at Deloitte
Posted on: 22 August, 2019
Deadline: 30 August, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Deloitte
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Head, Information Technology
Reference Number: TAK018
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assesses existing IT platforms in the group to determine if accurate standards exists.
- Assesses and determines possible technology requirements in alignment with TAK Group’s goals.
- Assesses and defines the different data environments being supported and any issues related to data
- Defines an overall vision of TAK Group’s future applications, technology, telecommunications and data architecture, in line with the corporate strategy.
- Designs and develops the overall Enterprise Architecture for the group in line with its business activities.
- Designs and develops a central system for data storage and management (Data Centre).
- Develops systems standards, specifications and approved software, recommends hardware and software upgrades where and when appropriate.
- Sets budgets for acquisition of IT products and services.
- Ensures that vendor services are negotiated in line with IT strategy and financial budget.
- Ensures ongoing service is in line with agreed contracts.
- Ensures trainings are provided on any new IT tool that may be introduced.
- Ensures Hardware and Server infrastructure is maintained and developed in line with an agreed IT strategy.
- Shapes and oversees support services so that operational problems are resolved per subsidiary.
IT security and risk management:
- Identify and analyze potential risks, their mitigation, with the aim of maintaining the functioning of the information system and TAK’s overall business.
- Develops strategies to mitigate IT risks associated with business activities.
- Develops policies that specify exactly what is permitted and prohibited.
- Ensures appropriate trainings and documentation are available for staff on IT security requirements.
- Ensures appropriate backups are being conducted and retained for all systems.
- Develops and implements measures to safeguard data in the event of major incidents or disasters.
- Defines and reviews IT reports and forwards to group CEO.
- Prepare IT Security Report to show positive and negative trends, major initiatives, updates, and other aspects of IT Security and forwards to the head for review.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Professional qualifications in IT and security management.
- Professional qualification in Management or Master’s degree in Information Management or Information Technology or related field would be an added advantage.
- 12 - 15 years’ experience with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Experience in agriculture and manufacturing industries would be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic vision.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to plan and manage a budget.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Deloitte
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief Human Resources Officer at Deloitte
- 2019 IFRS Insurance Training Boot Camp at Deloitte
- Chief Finance Officer at Deloitte
- Tax Manager at Deloitte
- Know More About DeloitteSimilar Jobs
- IT Tech Support at 9NL LTD
- Software Developer at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Pre-Sales Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Senior IT Support Officer at Elkris Foods
- IT Officer at Creative Associates International
- Junior/Mid-Level Developer at AGL Consulting Ltd
- Web Developer at Sahel Capital
- Verification Officer at Creative Associates International