Regulatory Risk Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Posted on: 20 August, 2019
Deadline: 1 September, 2019
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC)
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
Regulatory Risk Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To organize, evaluate, analyze and monitor all regulatory & market risk to ensure overall improvement in market shortfalls due to disco challenges
- Providing alerts and analysis to IBEDC on the impact of changes and defaults in the regulatory provisions and contractual framework.
- Regulatory & market risk identification, assessment and reporting to risk owners/stakeholders for proper action.
- Assist with Periodic internal tariff review, analysis and shortfall analysis, MYTO review and projections.
- Prepares regular industry reports on the state of the market for internal and external stakeholders (as defined by industry regulations or IBEDC’s management discretion)
- Assist in conducting special research falling out of regulatory provisions centered around loss reduction levels and deliver timely and relevant actionable feedback to improve performance
- Understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory stipulations vis-à-vis rates, pricing MYTO and market reset
- Understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry
- Strong financial and business acumen - financial analysis and reporting skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications in preparation and analysis of data (eg Excel spreadsheet)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (business report writing)
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree in Social Sciences or any relevant field
- At least 2 years’ experience within the Utility industry or a closely related industry.
Method of Application
Note: When the page opens, click on "Click Here See Vacancies" and select "the job title" to apply accordingly.
Interested and qualified? Go to Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc career website on careers.ibedc.com to apply
- Recent Jobs from Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Account Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
- Materials Management Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
- Safety Engineer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
- Regional IT Support Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
- Know More About Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) PlcSimilar Jobs
- Account Officer at Ashton & Dave Travels
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
- Experienced Agency Accountant at Global Axis Exchange
- Accountant at SPM Professionals Limited
- Chief Investment Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Collection Officer at Transsnet Financial
- Total Young Graduate Programme (YGP) at TOTAL
- Accountant at Creative Associates International