Founded in 1973, Ipas is a global nongovernmental organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care, including counseling and contraception to prevent future unintended pregnancies.
At Ipas, we believe that:
Every woman has a right to safe reproductive health choices, including safe abortion care.
No woman should have to risk her life, her health, her fertility, her well-being or the well-being of her family because she lacks reproductive health care.
Women everywhere must have the opportunity to determine their futures, care for their families and manage their fertility.
A young professional (male or female) with a master’s degree in social sciences preferably below 35 years with appreciable experience in program planning and budgeting.
- Provide both technical and administrative support to the Policy unit’s initiatives including providing educational materials, logistical support for internal and external policy conferences and meetings.
- Contribute to the production of factsheets and other IEC materials as well as workshop presentations.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and projects to improve the enabling environment in support of women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights.
- Prepare Policy unit activities reports including specific reports for database.
- Support the unit’s advocacy and mobilization efforts including strengthening local networks with partners and supports awareness campaigns at the national and local level in the promotion of sexual and reproductive rights.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the unit head and/or the Country Director.
- Office of the Country Director Intern
A young female professional with a master’s degree in social sciences and/or Human Rights preferably below 35 years with appreciable secretariat and communications skills; fluent in both written and oral English.
- Provide both technical and administrative support to the Country Director including providing logistical support for internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Prepare draft slides for Country Directors’ presentations at meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and projects in support of Ipas mission and vision as directed by the Country Director.
- Proper maintenance and filling of documents/books.
- Conduct research and document
- Organize the Country Director’s schedule in consultation with her.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Country Director.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter as one document on their suitability to: IpasNigeria.Procurement@ipas.org . The deadline for submission is close of business on 19th August, 2019. Applicants Must indicate the position applied for as the Subject of the mail.
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.