Head Nurse, Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD) at Cedarcrest Hospitals
Posted on: 8 August, 2019
Deadline: 18 August, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Cedarcrest Hospitals
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja; Nigeria. It was founded January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard healthcare service to patient within and outside Nigeria.The centre started off as a highly specialized orthopaedic facility, registered as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Limited.
Head Nurse, Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD)
Job Code: #N00001
- Head Nurse CSSD reporting to the Matron – Theatre, is responsible for management of the CSSD activities within the ward, providing professional help and guidance to nurses, assistants, technicians, and physicians alike.
- They will need to ensure that the department operates efficiently providing sterile supplies to all wards and units within the hospital.
- Their duties will include disassembling, decontaminating, inspecting and reassembling surgical/medical instruments in accordance with established procedure.
- Coordinate the delivery of sterilising services within the CSSD in accordance with best practice principles and within a collaborative multidisciplinary framework.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to management in relation to sterilising practices, policies and procedures.
- Provide expert advice on sterilising issues, policies and practices to members of the health care teams, and develop and deliver educational activities for staff and patients in relation to sterilising services.
- Provide regular reports on the CSSD to management, and attend meetings as and when required.
- Provide leadership in contemporary practice and promote an environment conducive to innovation and change.
- Monitors, manages and provides relevant reports on the CSSD’s key performance and activity levels.
- Ensure the sterility of the equipment in their charge. This includes evaluating equipment storage facilities and developing procedures to keep the equipment free of contamination.
- Assists and reviews staff performance and development in a timely manner undertaking performance development as required.
- Actively participate in and contributes to the organisation’s quality, safety, and work health processes, including the development and implementation of safety systems.
- Ensures that quality and safety improvement processes are in place and acted upon.
- Manages CSSD records to assist and inform the inventory process.
- Ensure that all CSSD records books are properly entered and kept.
- RN or RN/RM
- Bachelors of Nursing Science preferred
- Valid Licence – Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter
- 5 years prior experience
- BLS certification preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position Title and Code as the subject of the mail application.
- Recent Jobs from Cedarcrest Hospitals
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Head Nurse - General Ward I at Cedarcrest Hospitals
- Know More About Cedarcrest HospitalsSimilar Jobs
- Resident Nurse at Vine Crest College
- Diagnostic Representative at Tyonex Nigeria Limited
- Midwife at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- National Consultant (Mid-Term Joint External Evaluation [JEE] Technical Planning & Coordination) at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sonologist/Sonographer at Mobonike Hospital And Maternity
- Medical Officer at Mobonike Hospital And Maternity
- Nutrition Specialist at Save The Children
- Health Cluster Coordinator at World Health Organization (WHO)