Travel Manager, West Africa at Andela
Posted on: 8 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Andela
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Travel Manager, West Africa
About The Role
- Andela is looking to hire an experienced travel manager to support the Travel team in scaling operations within West Africa (Nigeria & Ghana).
- As part of our business model, Andela’s software engineers travel for at least two weeks a year to our partners’ offices, predominantly based in the United States, with a few partners located in different parts of the world.
- With seven offices on two continents, we also have other Andela employees traveling between offices every week and host our partners from time to time.
- The Travel Manager will be responsible for managing and streamlining the travel program for West Africa while ensuring that strategies align with overall Andela & Global Travel KPIs will include but not limited to traveler experience, operational excellence & efficiency, and cost optimization.
- Develop strategies to enhance travel within the region
- Oversee and manage travel operations for Andela offices in Nigeria and Ghana
- Design processes to achieve operational excellence
- Collaborate with other regions to ensure smooth & seamless travel for Andelans
- Quarterly review of travel operations to ensure process efficiency
- Place a huge priority on traveler experience and design travel programs to improve and provide Andelans with best-in-class travel experience
- Manage strategic sourcing of travel service providers, contract implementation and vendor management for West Africa
- Build strong partnerships with other functions (i.e. Finance, People team, Country leadership) and internal stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Sales, and PX to achieve key business objectives
- Ensure proactive communication & information management that strengthens traveler engagement and policy compliance
- Collaborate with the Global Mobility Manager on inbound and outbound relocations
- Actively collect and manage data to track metrics for performance and supplier discounts
- 5+ years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing people
- Strong customer service orientation that places a huge focus on 7-star experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve through collaboration and innovation
- Ability to apply sound judgment and critical thinking when making decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and ability to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm is a must
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Andela
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Manager, HR Business Partner at Andela
- Senior Software Engineer at Andela
- Creative Designer at Andela
- Senior Backend Engineer at Andela
- Senior Operations Manager at Andela
- Travel Coordinator at Andela
- Software Engineer at Andela
- Senior Manager, HR Business Partner at Andela
- Know More About AndelaSimilar Jobs
- Operations Manager at Ashton & Dave Travels
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager at ABT Associates
- General Manager at SPM Professionals Limited
- Front Desk/Admin Officer at Zercom Systems
- Document Management Officer at Coinbox Limited
- Front Desk Officer at Masterminds HRSG Nigeria
- Branch Manager (Passenger Transport and Courier) at Vodstra Limited
- Senior Development Coordination Officer, Strategic Planning and RCO Team Leader, P5 at United Nations