The Taraba State Government of Nigeria is currently implementing the Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO) - World Bank Assisted Project as a means of ensuring that the present unacceptable levels of poverty are reduced. Consequently, the unit responsible for the Coordination and implementations of social protection are expected to have full complement of staff engaged through competitive deployment from within the State Civil Service.
Gender and Vulnerability Officer (Grade level 10-12)
Program: Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO)
Unit: Targeted Grant Transfer (TGT)
- Participate in the development and review of technical documents and ensure they reflect gender and vulnerability concerns in YESSO.
- Ensure effective means of identifying and main-streaming gender and vulnerable groups in project processes; also, follow up on adherence/compliance
- Facilitate the development and adoption of gender friendly strategic communication tools and approaches.
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies programs and influence processes through adoption of good practices learned from inter-agency collaboration;
- Support in the identification of research needs emerging from implementation process, especially as it relates to inclusiveness in facilitation and implementation and make suggestions on how to improve GVG main-streaming
- Contribute to preparation of annual budget and work plan geared towards main-streaming vulnerable groups’ activities;
- Report writing (Monitoring, Quality Assurance and as may be required)
- Any other duty that may be officially assigned.
- A first degree in Sociology, Home Economics, or any of the Social Science related course in a recognized university, with a minimum of 6 years post qualification experience in gender related work.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit and address Ten (10) copies of their Applications with detailed CV to:
State Planning Commission,
Jalingo, Taraba State.
Note: Candidates are required to state clearly, current place of work, grade level and highest qualification.