Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Internal Audit Associate
Ref Id: sfh-93635
Job Type: Permanent
- The successful candidate will coordinate audit activities and reviews on SFH projects covering all SFH Head and Field offices and on all sub-recipients and sub-contractors working with Society for Family Health.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the review of financial activities of the project to ensure compliance to contract terms, donor rules and regulations
- S/He will audit SFH field offices to ensure compliance to policies and complete documentation relating to the donor policies
- S/He will conduct a semi-annual review of SFH operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as per SFH and donor rules on financial reporting, procurement, payroll, etc
- S/He will assist in the mid-year and annual stock count and fixed asset count.
- S/He will investigate any fraud-related issues.
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or any related field of study
- Must have four (4) years post-NYSC experience in internal audit or NGO Finance & Project Management
- Registered membership of ACA or ACCA or any other related professional body will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competency required:
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to analyse financial matters, resolve issues promptly and accurately
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Great attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and sound independent judgement
- Good communication skills drive for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database
- Hands-on experience using ERP (SAP) or financial management MIS will an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should submit an abstract (50-80 words)
- A 4 page (maximum) research proposal with details on health area of interest. (The proposal should describe the research question, concept, methodology of analysis, timelines and how this research contributes to the mission of SFH and addressing key health issues in Nigeria. The language should be understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- A bibliography of previous research.
- In addition, applicants must submit a reference letter signed by an academic referee.
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply