INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Country Finance Coordinator
Locations: 50% Maiduguri and 50% Abuja
Starting Date: 01/07/2019
Contract Duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 1 international staff and 3 national staff
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Country Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects.
The Country Finance Officer ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures, and is responsible to:
- Ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors' procedures
- Manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel
- Assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission
- Update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota)
- Carry out a monthly update of the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer
- Provide support to the Head of Mission in drafting new projects
- Check Bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations
- Check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Finance Officer)
- Assume responsibility for local personnel register
- Ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and their conformity to INTERSOS and donors' procedures
- Be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project Documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Finance Officer)
- Advanced University Degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferable: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level, working as admin-finance officer also in humanitarian field locations
- Proven experience with different donor finance compliance and reporting (e.g.: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, WFP)
- Good computer skills, especially MS Office / Excel
- Fluency in English is required. French is an asset. Knowledge of Italian is considered an asset.
- Ability to live in contexts with volatile security.
- Team Player.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.