Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Nutrition Senior LGA Facilitator
The Role Reports to: The Nutrition Specialist, Kaduna Field Office
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- The Facilitators will develop essential linkage between Unicef Fo, Sno and the Lga of implementation for Coordination and integration of Nutrition activities at Lga and community/settlement implementation of Nutrition in the assigned areas.
- They will also monitor, supervise and coach the daily operations of the Lga Mfp, ward focal persons and Health Facility In-Charges with a specific focus on ensuring quality of Implementation data.
- They will be responsible for monitoring the day to day and reporting including facilitators will also play a prominent role in reporting on situation within their LGAs and will enable UNICEF FO and partners to adapt in a timely and appropriate response to the situation
- Coordination and supervision of Nutrition activities within LGA of assignment.
- Provide weekly update on the humanitarian situation and relevant updates on the changes, such as influx of new IDPs or disruption to services.
- Ensure that national guidelines are followed for the provision of Nutrition services at the community and facility levels.
- Ensure adequate stock of key commodities (RUTF, MNP) are available within the LGA and at facilities.
- Monitor the distribution and utilization of Nutrition commodities and provide reports on suspected misuse to supervisor.
- Participate in meetings at LGA and State level as required.
- Supervise the ward nutrition supervisors and provide regular updates on the functioning of the community structures to the supervisors including compiling of data from nutrition implementation sites.
- Must be a qualified Nutritionist, Pharmacist, Midwife, Nurse, Community Health Officer, cCmmunity Health Extension Workers
- At least 3 years of experience in Health/Nutrition monitoring programs
- Fluency in English language and a local language preferably Kanuri or Hausa.
- Must be computer literate
- Experience working in communities on health/nutrition issues
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated good report writing skills
- Basic computer skills preferably good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work with people
- Provide monthly report on number of beneficiaries receiving service and commodities at health facilities, community and LGA levels
- Provide monthly update on the delivery of nutrition service at state, LGA facility,and community level.
- Participate in LGA level humanitarian coordination meetings and submit reports
- Provide input monthly humanitarian situation report document (where applicable)
- Support the LGA to ensure timely submission of the state nutrition service statistics at the end of every month.
- The role reports to the Nutrition Specialist, Kaduna Field Office
- The contract duration is 6 Months
Location: (Akwanga, Keffi, Lafia, Karu) Zamfara Application Link
Location: Kaduna (Zaria, Kaduna North, lgabi, Kaduna South, Makarfi, Soba and Giwa) Application Link