Head, Internal Audit and Control at VFD Group
Posted on: 10 April, 2019
Deadline: 17 April, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at VFD Group
VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria's informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
VFD Group was founded by highly skilled professionals with diverse experiences, qualifications and professional backgrounds, who identified the gap between individuals and small businesses and their banking experiences and set out to bridge the divide.
Head, Internal Audit and Control
- The role will be responsible for implementing Internal Audit, Control and Corporate Governance system in the Organisation and its entities.
- Ensure proper internal audit and control system
- Investigate fraud within the organization
- Carry out Audit activities and prepare reports
- Coordinate the compilation and continuous review of a detailed transaction process flow for all key activities in the organisation and define control measures to ensure compliance
- Supervise the execution of VFD’s control procedures on financial processes such as revenue collection, receivable and asset management, investments, international operations, etc.
- Prepare/ review internal audit reports covering audit activities, findings and overall assessment of the control environment.
- Ensure all financial transactions are bonafide, accurate and processed in line with established policies and procedures and coordinate the review of all payment vouchers to both internal and external parties.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the internal audit operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the review of business/ operating processes and practices and information systems to ensure the adequacy of existing controls as well as mitigate errors, irregularities, and fraud.
- Perform investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organisation and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Investigate client complaints and provide reports on the same
- Prepare audit reports and advise units and committees on departure from policies, procedures, and other exceptions.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the CEO and relevant Board Committee.
- Good back up support on operation/ transaction reviews
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO/ Board.
Key Performance Indicators
Non -Financial Target:
- Savings on income leakages
- Timely and discreet execution of investigations
- Number of timely conducted audits
- Reduced fraud cases
- Comprehensive, clear, and constructive audit and fraud reports
- Reduced number of mitigated risk
- Minimum exceptions found by external auditors
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline, MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Eight (8) years relevant experience of which at least two (2) years must have been spent in a similar role in the financial services industry.
- Chartered membership of ICAN/ ACCA required.
- Knowledge of audit techniques and methods required
- Knowledge of corporate governance practices
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to read large volumes of documents effectively and extract necessary information
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business issues
- Communication & Presentation
- Good report writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet.
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied for as heading.
- Recent Jobs from VFD Group
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief Compliance Officer at VFD Group
- Internal Control/Compliance Officer at VFD Group
- Finance Officer at VFD Group
- Know More About VFD GroupSimilar Jobs
- Factory Costing Analyst at Nestle Foods
- Finance Officer (Audit and Compliance) at Sightsavers
- Deputy Finance Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Accountant at Kaldi Africa limited
- Financial Analyst at Transquisite Consulting
- Accountant at Paykobo
- Accounts Officer at Sunrose Consulting
- Financial Reporting Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)