Legal Advisor at Ascentech Services Limited
Posted on: 8 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Ltd acts as a gateway to provide end to end recruitment services to Organisations Worldwide. We are a dedicated team of professional consultants offering top of the line executive recruitment and selection services.
We cater for the needs of a range of professionals seeking employment and work together to create effective solutions using our networks and strong client base.
The Legal Advisor Is Accountable for Taking the Day to Day Legal Responsibilities and Providing Legal Advice That Includes All the Aspects of The Analysis, Investigation and Drafting Process. The Legal Advisor Is Responsible for Providing Support in Discrete Legal Issues by Advising the Organization, Drafting Undertakings and Structuring Remedies for The Relevant Issues.
- Provide the Highest Quality of Legal and Compliance Advice on Different Legal Issues
- Assist in Drafting Legal Opinions, Memoranda and Other Briefing Documents.
- Coordinate with The Concerned Departments, Especially the Finance & Administration Department and Legal & Compliance Department, Regarding Board Decisions That Necessitate Legal Compliance and Regulatory Procedures.
- Ensure Proper Legal Consultations Are Provided to Departments / Units.
- Review and Propose Updates to The Institution's Documents as Needed.
- Manage the Relationship with External Legal Firms and Practitioners, As Required.
- Represents the Institution in Ensuring the Efficient Handling and Winning Resolution of All Negotiations and Disputes.
- Ensures the Registration of Agreements Before Submitting to Ministries, Governmental Departments and Administrations
- Review Texts of Standard Contracts, Agreements, Legal Correspondence and Forms as Well As Analysis of Formal Complaints Against the Institution and Advice on Measures of Action.
- Conducts Meetings with Clients and Concerned Parties to Discuss Related Legal Matters.
- Review and Vet All Contracts and Legal Documents for The Business and Oversee the Delivery of Well Written Legal Opinion for The Business.
- Conduct Legal Analysis and Research on Various Legal Matters of The Client or The Organization.
- Research, Anticipate and Guard the Company Against Legal Risks.
- Develop Company Policy and Position on Legal Issues.
- Draw Up Formalities Regarding the Settlement of Disputes and Monitor the Implementation of The Legal Clauses.
- Document and Maintain Legal Files and Issues.
- Assist in Reviewing Legal Material and Any Other Relevant Documents and To Identify the Most Important Issues That Need to Be Sorted Out on A Priority Basis.
- Supervise, Analyse and Research the Implication of Laws, Legislation, Etc., That May Affect the Organization
- Maintain Awareness of Existing Laws and Regulations and Stay Current on Industry Trends.
- Engage in helping to analyse and collect evidence and schedule staff hearings.
- First-Class or Second-Class Upper Degree/ HND Upper Credit in Relevant Law Disciplines. Master’s Degree in Law-Related Field.
- Certification of NBA, CIARB etc. NBA，CIARB
- At Least 8 Years of Post Qualification Experience
- 4 Years min. Hands-On Experience in Management of High-level and Complex Litigation Matters.
- 5+ Years of Law Firm Experience.
- Previous Experience in Commercial Contract Negotiation, Drafting, Interpretation and Process Management Is A Must.
- General Substantive Knowledge Of (And Experience With) Commercial and Employment Law Matters.
- Deep Understanding of Legal Issues, Including Governance and Legal Compliance
- Sound Knowledge of Nigeria Laws and Legislations.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Microsoft Word PowerPoint， Excel Outlook
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Ascentech Services Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- ERP Data Entry Operators at Ascentech Services Limited
- Know More About Ascentech Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Legal Extern (NYSC) at Zuriel Consulting
- 2019 Legal Internship Program at World Bank
- Legal Officer at Bemil Nigeria Limited
- Principal Officer, Legal and Law Enforcement - P5 at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Legal Associate at Jade & Stone Solicitors
- Real Estate Lawyer at Allied Computers Limited
- Associate at Oyewole & Adesina
- Legal Officer at Tenece Professional Services Limited