Financial Controller at Alan & Grant
Posted on: 2 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant - Our client, a leading capital market is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Provide full financial and management accounting services to the Management.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide management decision-making, particularly in the areas of assets and liability management (ALM).
- Establish comprehensive operational guidelines & workflows covering all business transactions and processes.
- Maintain contacts and liaise with bankers, auditors, regulatory authorities (SEC, NSE, PFAs, and e.t.c), tax authorities (Federal & State) to ensure compliance and long term financial security and stability.
- Participate in meetings of departmental heads as necessary and work closely with all departmental heads/management team, advising them on likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of actions.
- Be prepared to act as a member of project management team as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial records and data input.
- Ensure production of accurate monthly and quarterly performance reports and management accounts.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained in accordance with company’s accounting policies and relevant standards required by regulatory bodies, management and external auditors.
- Prepare weekly and monthly banks’ reconciliation reports.
- Ensure error-free trades posting into software(s) and timely settlement.
- Manage and monitor daily cash position to ensure effective liquidity management as well as minimize company’s exposures/liability
- Production and submission of quarterly reports and any other reports as may be requested to SEC in specified format.
- Ensure effective coordination of offers processes and returns rending to issuing houses.
Education, Skills And Experience
- A minimum of first degree in any Management Science/Social Science related discipline preferably in accounting, economics/finance.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic/similar position in the financial services sector.
- Professional qualification- A minimum of ACA/ACCA is compulsory while other qualifications such as ACS, ACTI, CFA will be added advantage.
- Good planner with analytical and problem solving flair.
- Strategic thinker with superb ability to micro manage and ensure operational excellence.
- Good attitude of seeing other departments/staff colleagues as internal clients.
- Commitment to providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
- Ability to demonstrate oral and written communication excellence to staff and nonstaff.
- Ability to coach and develop colleagues and delegate accountability to encourage staff responsibility and engagement.
- Excellent understanding of financial and accounting systems.
- Good grasp of accounting software and Microsoft Office, especially Excel at a minimum of intermediate level.
- Ability to adapt to changing situation and structures.
- A good team builder and manager.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Alan & Grant career website on alanandgrant.zohorecruit.com to apply
- Know More About Alan & GrantSimilar Jobs
- Cashier at Great Jonliz-Betty Nigeria Limited
- Consultant - Risk Advisory, Governance & Regulatory Compliance at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Finance Manager at fhi 360
- Factory Costing Analyst at Nestle Foods
- Finance Officer (Audit and Compliance) at Sightsavers
- Deputy Finance Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Accountant at Kaldi Africa limited
- Financial Analyst at Transquisite Consulting