Chief Cook at Dangote
Posted on: 14 March, 2019
Deadline: 20 March, 2019
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Dangote
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard - earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria. Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Business: Oil & Gas
- Responsibility and Authority - Have a total responsibility for the catering department, motivate and follow up fellow workers and care for the welfare of all onboard.
- Watch Routines: Is responsible to prepare watch routines for the catering crew.
- Overtime: Is responsible for keeping the overtime lists for the catering department and for ensuring that the list is handed to the Master.
- Report : to prepare a handover report for next shift and send a copy to the Master.
- Custom clearance: The Camp Boss is responsible to prepare and hand to the Master a report of all supplies he is responsible for in due time for custom clearances.
- Log keeping: to keep the diary for catering and to have it counter-signed by the Master at regular intervals.
- Supervision have the daily supervision of all preparing of food, including the serving and presentation of food in the messroom and the baking of bread.
- Menu planning: to prepare the menu plan for each voyage with special view of the variety of food, food value and cost and to present the menu to the Master for approval.
- It is the Camp Boss responsibility to inquire if any crewmember has special food requirements.
- Cooking: to participate in the preparing of meals according to watch duties or if required.
- Cleaning: the Camp Boss is responsible for the hygiene on board and in particular the galley area. Further to, in co-operation with the Chief Officer, prepare a cleaning plan including all areas onboard for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning and to have it approved by the Master.
- Laundry: to prepare routines for changing, cleaning and caring of linen and to have the routines approved by the Master. At regular intervals check linen for tear and wear and order replacements if required.
- Inspections: on behalf of the Master carry out unexpected inspections of cleaning in cabins that are kept by the occupants.
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies
- Must be Duly certified by NIMASA in compliance with STCW 95 as amended, all certificates validity must be within 6 months, and minimum 3 years of experience on the position applied for and at minimum of 6 years seafarer recorded on the seaman’s book.
- Experience in Year(s): 3
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Dangote
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Property Portfolio and Development Manager at Dangote
- Chief Engineer at Dangote
- Captain at Dangote
- Chief Officer at Dangote
- Engineer Officer of the Watch at Dangote
- Engine Rating Oiler at Dangote
- Able Bodied Seaman at Dangote
- Marine ISM and HSE Engineer at Dangote
- Know More About DangoteSimilar Jobs
- Residential Chef at TRANOS
- Cook (Continental and National) at The Olive Prime Psychological Services
- Butcher at Hubmart Stores Limited
- Female Chef at Willers Solutions
- Catering Officer (RUHSS 07) at Redeemer University
- Continental / National Cook at Axari Hotel & Suites
- Assistant Chef at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Head of Catering Operations at Sunrose Consulting