Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC), one of the eleven (11) electricity distribution companies in the county is desirous of engaging suitably qualified and outstanding candidates into the position below:
Network Manager (Comparable to District Business Manager)
Location: South Eastern Nigeria
- To manage the Operations, Maintenance, Commercial and Support Service activities within the District to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the consumers, and the recovery of all revenues accruing from the energy supplied to consumers.
- To ensure resolution of all consumer grievances and work towards revenue maximization in the District while acting as an interface between Management, staff and consumers.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee all activities - Commercial, Operational and Support Services at the District for operational efficiency, while carrying out any other job(s) assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time in the interest of the Company.
- Work towards reducing ATC&C losses, study the Energy Audit Reports and devise strategies to curb losses in the District. Improve revenue generation through detection/termination of theft and other leakages in the system.
- Have demonstrable problem-solving skills and proven ability to resolve customer complaints, develop customer relationships and build stronger ties with customers. Resolve all consumer grievances relating to billing, wrong readings etc. in accordance with NERC guidelines and EEDC’s laid down policies.
- Establish appropriate action on customer applications (provision of new connection, change in load, name change, disconnection/reconnection of power supply, etc.).
- Monitor the schedule of network maintenance in the District as prepared by the PC&M, O&M and other relevant staff. Certify the network is safe to rule out possibility of preventable harm.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or HND in Engineering, preferably with specialization in electrical/electronic engineering; BSc/BA/HND in Economics or Banking & Finance, or Business Administration; BSc/BA/HND in the Physical or Natural Sciences
- Minimum of 10 Years post-graduation experience in the field of study, with experience in any of the following areas: the electricity industry, banking industry, telecommunications industry, billing &collection industry, operations & maintenance, electricity generation and maintenance, management of Management Information Systems (MIS)
Method of Application
Click Here to Download Job Description (Pdf)
Note: No hard copy application will be entertained and prospective candidates are advised against attempting to submit applications at any EEDC office.
Interested and qualified? Go to Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC) career website on docs.google.com to apply