Internal Audit Manager (Technology) at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: 22 February, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9 000 people.
Internal Audit Manager (Technology)
Job type: Permanent
- Are you looking to work with a diverse and exciting client group within one of the fastest growing teams in Assurance?
- Within Internal Audit we've an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join the team. In joining us you will be part of a unique client proposition, helping our clients understand and challenge their IT risk profile and the extent to which their company’s processes, people and systems assist or inhibit their corporate strategies to generate value.
- To be successful, you'll need to have a track record of delivery in a wide range of disciplines including IT risk evaluation, review of operational and strategic IT processes, project management and governance and IT audit.
- You are expected to be capable of applying these skills in a variety of business situations to maximise the impact to our clients on Internal Audit engagements.
- Working directly with a broad range of clients, across a number of different sectors to deliver both advisory and assurance engagements including internal audit assignments
- Managing project teams to deliver solutions including scoping, testing, and reporting against advisory standards
- Ability to demonstrate skills and audit experience across a number of focus areas, such as Cyber, Information Security, Infrastructure, Applications, IT Governance, IT Operations, IT Resilience, data analytics etc.
- Ability to manage a series of high profile co-source or outsource audit engagements across industry sectors.
- Practical experience on Risk Based Internal Audit Methodology
- Managing projects including IT operational, security / cyber and data reviews (in addition to IT general controls and business process reviews)
- Enhancing client controls and operational environments, including developing integrated risk and control frameworks and building remediation plans for key client issues
- Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
- Supporting the unit in business development initiatives
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical and functional requirements of audit software e.g TeamMate, CURA, Isometrix, MKinsight, etc.
- Ability to develop Quality Assurance (QA) programs, execute the programs and communicate/report QA results to Senior Management
- Ability to execute Quality Assurance (QA) reviews to ensure compliance with organizational policies, IIA standards and other regulatory/other requirements
- Good understanding of the application of data analytics to the internal audit process especially in the articulation/application of key risk indicators and key performance indicators
- Ability to lead the implementation and configuration of audit management systems. This includes understanding the business requirements in the primary areas of reporting and implementation of audit methodology, and determining how the software should be configured to meet those requirements
- Ability to function as a “People Manager” for more junior team members, managing their performance, well-being and providing career advice
- Knowledge of IT audit applications and tools
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper Bachelor's degree
- Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field
- Certification(s) Required: CIA, CISA, CISSP, ACA or any relevant certification
- Proficiency in English
- Candidates should have at least 5-7 years of experience within Internal Audit functions ideally, or professional services / audit firms
- Candidate must have in-depth experience of Technology processes and Technology Risk Management.
- Experience of managing engagement teams and of developing junior members of staff to build a team.
- Experience of engaging at a middle management level with clients (both business and IT stakeholders) to build relationships, generate new business and communicate findings and recommendations with impact
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- Technically strong and numerate with a commercial focus on engagements
- Ability to understand client issues and translate these into a PwC engagement approach (including approach, budgeting and risk & quality management), drawing on the resources of the firm as required.
- Ability to support the development of new service offerings
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential) with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams
- Experience in responding to formal and informal client Requests for Proposal (for PwC services)
- Track record in demonstrating a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Ability to follow formal methodologies, apply risk and quality standards and ensure the team’s compliance with these requirements
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously as well as manager of engagement teams without the need for day to day direct management
- Proficient networker, relationship builder and team player
- Experience in delivering internal audit and advisory assignments
- Experience in advising across a range of IT areas including IT strategy, IT governance, IT management processes, vendor and contract management, IT capability. assessments, business systems strategy, selection and evaluation, IT support and operational processes and IT security
- Experience in evaluating current state processes, developing future state designs, and leading implementation of new ways of working
- Understanding of IT governance frameworks e.g. COBIT and end to end processes
- Experience in common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery, e.g. PRINCE 2, PMP, MSP.
- Experience in complex ERP environments including Oracle, SAP or Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in reviewing IT General Controls including Change Control, Access Rights and IT Operations.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Technical Lead at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Financial Services Risk and Regulation - Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Internal Audit Senior Manager (Technology) at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Financial Services Risk & Regulation - Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Robotic Process Automation - Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Robotic Process Automation - Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Senior Data Scientist at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Mobile Application Developer at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Director of Product, Delivery Technology at Andela
- IT Graduate Trainee at Invent Alliance Limited
- Data Center & System Administrator at Health Plus Limited
- Linux System Administrator at eHealth4everyone
- DHIS2 Assistant at eHealth4everyone
- User Experience Designer at eHealth4everyone
- Senior Web Developer at eHealth4everyone