The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC- ( www.icrc.org ) is an independent humanitarian organisation, neutral
and impartial. Abuja delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below
The Logistician CTP contributes to the procurement of goods and financial services necessary for the implementation of Cash Based activities. Under the supervision of the CTP Unit Team Leader, He/She will act as the main focal point for the creation and follow-up of procurement files, in line with ICRC logistics procedures. While performing his/her main duties, the Logistician CTP will contribute to the coordination with Financial Service Providers and other Logistics Units, both in Abuja and at Sub-delegations level
- Participation in purchase planning (purchase orders, request orders, supplier files etc.)
- Support the implementation of CTP programs together with the LOG CTP Team Leader.
- Act as Focal Point for processing Order Demands or Purchased Orders for CTP activities.
- Back up the Logistician CTP Team Leader in his/her coordination with Financial Service Providers, to ensure a smooth communication and the timely reception of feedback, materials and post-distribution reports.
- Assist the FSPs with the creation of post-distribution invoice, to ensure consistency with internal documentation (OD number,
- distributions’ figures etc.).
- Provide support to the Logistician CTP Specialist and Logistician CTP Team Leader in the identification of CTP Focal Point at sub-delegation level, contributing to their training and actively.
- In coordination with the Logistician Team Leader, conduct field visits to support CTP activities in the field, to help monitoring
- the performance of the FSPs and collection of data/inputs for CTP Unit.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Education and experience required
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English, Proficiency in Hausa and/or French an added advantage and/or French.
- Computer proficiency.
- Three (3) years' professional experience, preferably in commercial, military or humanitarian logistics and Cash Transfer Programs.
- Desired profile and skills
- People Management
- Team work and collaboration
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management
- Strong capacity to represent ICRC and sustain relations with State and local stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills (communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
Method of Application
Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate “Log Admin Assistant ABJ’’ as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without
this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 15.02.2019, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively
humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to
provide them with assistance.