A hospital facility based in Abuja requires the services of a Chef Manager.
You will be working in the kitchen preparing and cooking the food for patients and staff daily. The hospitality catering consists of working breakfast and lunches, which may require fine dining to a very high standard.
The successful candidate will be able to produce food using fresh, seasonal ingredients to a very high standard and run a very busy kitchen. Due to the nature of the site, the hospitality offering is very busy.
As Chef Manager, you will;
- Prepare, and cook food for patients, staff and visitors and to cater for ad-hoc functions as required.
- You must be able to cook from scratch and batch cook on a large scale the following; Soups, Sauces, Breads, Pasteries
- Ensure food is of the specified quality, nutritional standard and in the quantities laid down on the meal requisitions/recipe print out.
- Be a responsible, dedicated and strong leader with the ability to manage of brigade of talented cooks and assistants across the kitchen and functions.
- Have the ability to train and develop your team supportively and professionally.
- Deliver consistently innovative food standards, also adding additional flair to the hospitality offerings.
- Have fresh and current menu ideas and can show flair and passion in your work.
- Have extensive financial understanding
- Draw up menus and work to budgets and costed labour budgets.
- Effectively maintain quality, time and temperature standards, keeping records as appropriate.
- Effectively maintain and understand hygiene and cleaning of appropriate equipment, workstations and areas.
- Ensure that all equipment are kept in good working order and any faults are reported to the Production Manager or supervisor immediately.
- Instruct, by on job training, and encourage by showing example to all other staff working in the catering department.
- Minimum of 5 years full time experience in a Notable Hotel or Restaurant
- Have a flexible and reliable approach to work various hours and shift patterns
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work within a team
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have a valid Food Hygiene certificate
Method of Application
Send CV and relevant documentation
Use CHEF MANAGER as subject of your mail.
This position is to be filled immediately.