Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
Access to Finance for Small and Medium Enterprises Specialist
- The USAID/Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is a 5-year year, $15 million-dollar project implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. The project’s goal is to strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture. Activities will encompass three broad but interrelated components. First, the Agribusiness Investment Activity will improve the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; second, the Activity will expand access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and third, the Activity will promote investment opportunities for agribusinesses to strengthen their readiness to expand and scale up their operations.
- Taken together, these efforts will increase the volume, added value, and diversification of agribusiness investments.
- 5+ years’ experience in agribusiness, agricultural development or similar required.
- Experience working on USAID funded projects is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Experience working in Nigeria is required;
- Fluency in English is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) career website on jobs.lever.co to apply