Resident Control Officer at Citygate Global
Posted on: 24 December, 2018
Deadline: 28 December, 2018
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Citygate Global
Citygate Global was founded in June 2007 as a Microfinance Institution and registered with Corporate Affairs Commission. The organisation was created with the objective to reduce Nigerian population living below poverty line by intervening and enhancing the capacities of the low-end actively engaged populace struggling to run a viable businesses to earn a living. The organisation activities are geared in line with the global initiative of poverty alleviation and Financial Inclusion to all. We continually focus on this segment of the Nigerian economy by doing everything possible to assist them to run a viable businesses and improve their lives.
Resident Control Officer
- Ensure branch staff complies with Internal Code of Conducts; Policy/Procedure and Regulations on transactions initiated by the bank.
- Ensure that all expected activities as stipulated in the control checklists are performed by the branch management
- Educate and train staff on compliance issues, and acting as the contact point within the branch for compliance queries from staff members
- Create and improve homogenous Compliance Culture in the assigned branch that aligns with control and business objectives of the Bank
- Build strong KYC and KYCB compliance environment in the assigned branch i.e. ensure capturing of all valid KYC documentation into all customers’ accounts through the regular review of Account opening and documentation both on client files and on the system.
- Review credit files after loan approval before loan disbursement: All risks observed must be escalated before disbursement.
- Carry out unannounced field visit to clients’ business locations before or after loan approval as the case may be.
- Ensure integrity of the transactions and GL accounts in the branch through daily review of the branches GL balance reports.Any major deviation from the standard must be escalated.
- Institute and enforce aggressive Cost reduction Strategies/Tactics for the branch under your purview to ensure zero% income wastage
- Ensure daily Call Over of all Tills transactions (which include but not limited to deposit/withdrawal slips, Cheque slips, Internal fund transfers)within 24 hours of posting and where practicable online same day and as may be advised to you from time to time
- Daily Review of all System Generated Override Message/Exception Reports to ensure that appropriate approvals were obtained for it and that they are valid transactions
- Conduct Special Investigation as may be directed by the Risk and Compliance Management
- Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required by the Risk and Compliance Manager which will include among others: Critical Control Issues Report, Unusual Incidence Report, Report on assets ageing in standard approved format etc
- Any other job that may be assigned by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
- 2 years’ experience in Internal audit/Internal control of a reputable Microfinance or commercial bank
- University degree or HND in a related discipline
- Accounting qualification is required
- Evidence of professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignment simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Citygate GlobalSimilar Jobs
- Internal Audit Manager at Food Concepts Plc
- Finance and Admin Assistant at Initiative for Agricultural Intervention and Developmental Integration
- Roving Finance Assistant at CARE
- Finance Analyst at Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria
- Accountant at Krystal Digital Solutions Limited
- Accounts Officer at Doculand Business Solution
- Team Lead, Finance and Administration at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)
- NG BFMS - Budgeting and Financial Management Specialist at Malaria Consortium