Engineering Manager at Olam Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 19 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Olam Nigeria Limited
Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria's non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
- Engineering Manager will be responsible for the overall Engineering, Maintenance activities of the factory including improvement Projects.
- He will accountable for overall performance of all Process & Utility equipments including with high level OEE with ensuring the effective spares part management system and vendors relationship , he will have to drive health and safety policies within the system.
- Generate & implement a comprehensive engineering plan for the Factory.
- Implement preventive & corrective maintenance system for all the equipment.
- Generate drawings for new modification / improvement plan
- Monitor daily records of Energy and down time
- Trouble shooting with good team building
- Prove hands-on skill and train junior team for repair of different equipment
- Monitor performance of packaging m/c’s for Technical efficiency
- Maintain high level of OEE for overall Plant
- Down time analysis
- Spare parts inventory management (Maintain adequate level of spares part as cost effective system)
- Vendors relationship for services and spares for timely back-up
- Process optimization
- Safety Policies implementation and develop strong culture of Safety practices.
- Handle govt agencies for environmental issues
- Generate and adhere to R& M budget & CAPEX proposals
- Generate daily /weekly/monthly engineering reports
- Maintain equipment history cards
- Contract Management
- Strong follow-up for LT/HT Electrical Installations ( existing ) for proper maintenance.
- Monitoring of Gen Sets, boilers , chillers , Air compressors , WTP , ETP on daily basis for energy efficient operation.
- Identify training needs and provide on-job /internal training.
What we seek:
- 10-20 years’ hands-on practical experience preferably in medium /large food processing industry in Engineering & Maintenance , last 5 yrs as head of the department
- Work experience with Dairy/ Beverage Plant with APV /Tetra Pak processing system is essential
- Strong Knowledge of Utilities is must
- Knowledge of PLC is added advantage
- You should possess strong team and analytical skills, strategic thinking & leadership abilities
- An enthusiasm to work in an unstructured environment will always add value
- Your ability to communicate effectively will be an enhancer for this role especially as part of a team
- You should be able to understand business issues outside of one’s area of expertise
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Olam Nigeria Limited career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About Olam Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Auto Workshop Operations Manager at Motorways Mazel
- Electrical Technicians at GZ Industries
- Projectionist at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited
- Electrical Engineer at Aldelia Limited
- Drill Team Quality Supervisor at Sellafield Energy
- Geophysical Quality Control at Sellafield Energy
- Drilling Logistics Supervisor at Sellafield Energy
- Offshore Operations Lead at Sellafield Energy