The Polytechnic, Ibadan was established in the year 1971 to produce man-power particularly in the field of technology who would not only be technically knowledgeable, but also capable of a degree of supervisory management in Commerce, Industry and Business, The institution is one of the foremost pioneer Technological Institutions in the country and is currently ranked by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) as the best State Polytechnic and the fourth best among Federal, State and Private Polytechnics in Nigeria.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Rector shall be the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the Polytechnic and shall exercise general supervision over the Institution.
- He/She shall be the Chairman of Board of Studies and Congregation and Member of the Governing Council.
- He/She shall be responsible to Council for the day to day management of the human, financial and material resources of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector is not only to provide the requisite leadership in academic affairs, he is expected to seek the support of the public sector; Industry, higher educational Institutions and professional bodies in repositioning the Institution for improved level of performance and global competitiveness.
The candidate for the post must have:
- Hold a good honours degree and a higher degree, preferably a Doctorate degree, from a recognized Institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Institution. His/Her academic standing must be very high and must have good track record of accomplishment In the academic professional field;
- Have held a senior teaching and/or research post in an Institution of higher learning and must have been a Chief Lecturer or a comparable status in any other tertiary institution for a minimum of not less than five years, in any of the disciplines in the Polytechnic;
- Understand the national, global and academic purpose of the Polytechnic and should have a wide administrative experience;
- Be someone who commands respect and loyalty of majority of members of staff and students of the Institution;
- Be someone of courage, who Is firm and can take decisions on the merit of facts and principles and riot on the basis of pressure from groups or individuals;
- Be someone who is not likely to foster personal social ethnic political, religious or other sectional
- Command both national and international respect, particularly in the academic/technological world and which would further enhance the good reputation of the Polytechnic;
- Be of a sound health and mind, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity arid strong moral character for inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students;
- Be of proven ability and capability to initiate contacts and research grants from national and international sources;
- Be prolific in information and communication technology
Conditions of Service
- All appointments will be for a term of five years and not renewabla Salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for each position by Government and as may be approved by the Institution’s Governing Council from time to time.
- Candidates must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of duty in February 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 25 copies of their Applications with detailed CV in the following order:
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Number and age of Children
- Date and Placed Birth
- Current Postal/E-mail Address/Phone Number
- Permanent Home address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions Obtained with Dates
- Membership of professional Associations/Bodies
- Working Experience (In chronological sequence)
- Present Employment - Status and Salary
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Major Technological Innovations/inventions or Projects Completed
- Names and Addresses of three Professional, Academic and Character Referees
- Date Available to resume duty If appointed
All applications and Referees Reports should be submitted under confidential cover (Position sought after must be indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope) and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to the Governing Council,
The Polytechnic, Ibadan,
P.M.B 22, U.I Post Office,
Ibadan - Oyo State
Soft copies of the application and accompanying documents including Referee's reports should be mailed in PDF format to: email@example.com the subject line should read "Application for the post of Rector"
In addition to relevant documents, every candidate is to submit his/her vision/mission statement to include the following among others:
- Repositioning the institution for national and global competitiveness in addition to her relevance for community, state and national development.
- Each Referee must forward a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic, professional and administrative or managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope.