Chief Internal Auditor at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 4 December, 2018
Deadline: 16 December, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client is a widely recognised Specialist Life Assurance Company in Nigeria, serving thousands of customers with bespoke Insurance products tailored for each phase of their lives. The company is aimed at improving the quality of life of clients by providing prompt and quality insurance service delivery. They offer a range of insurance products such as annuity, investment plans, group life plans and much more.
Chief Internal Auditor
Reference Number: 130-PEO00975
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of the Internal Audit programmes to ascertain and report on degree of compliance with the Company’s approved policies and operating procedures, laws, regulations and code of good business practices
- Develops approved internal audit strategies and action plans to promote a culture of transparency and accountability in the Company’s business operations
- Assesses the design and operating effectiveness of established business control policies, processes and procedures and communicates identified weaknesses to management with appropriate improvement solutions
- Communicates Company’s strategic direction and objectives and ensures alignment of the department’s goals and activities with organisational vision, mission and corporate goals and objectives
- Prepares annual internal audit plans and programmes indicating scope, approach, and resources requirements for each financial year
- Liaises with the Finance Department and Company’s statutory auditors to agree scope and information requirements for the successful conduct of the annual statutory audit programmes
- Implements the annual audit plan, as approved, including any special tasks or projects requested by management and board
- Develops and updates the internal audit operating procedures manual
- Continuously reviews/assesses the business’ operational risks in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating
- Conducts follow up reviews and resolves control issues arising from internal and external audit exercises.
- Manages and oversees team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years post-graduation experience, ten (10) years must have been in an Internal Audit/Control position, with at least seven (7) years as a senior management staff
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Experience in the Insurance Industry is necessary.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Brand and Media Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Lead Grants Manager - Nigeria WATIH at Tetra Tech Company
- Accountant (Contract) at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Head of Account at Westfield Consulting
- Director, Finance at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Finance Coordinator at Save The Children
- Accountant at True Energy Services Limited
- Lead Grants Manager at Chemonics International
- Internal Auditor at The Place