Analyst, Financial Operations (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 26 November, 2018
Deadline: 4 December, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Analyst, Financial Operations (Supervisory)
Employment status: permanent
Department: Financial Operations
- To record all company-wide Financial Operations functions - Fixed Assets, Revenue, Expenditure and General Ledger and support various divisions on financial issues.
- To maintain commercial relationship with suppliers, government agencies, internal and external customers, inter-connect partners, international roaming partners and value added service providers in line with MTN group policies, accounting standards, regulatory and tax requirement pronouncements
- Provide operational support for the division including maintaining the budget, Profit and Loss accounts, special programs and contract analysis.
- Analyse the general Ledger transactions (Capex, Opex and Revenue) and all transactions posted into IFS to ensure proper classification and correction, as well as ageing of all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare trend analysis of Capex, Opex and revenue transactions, all General Ledger/Sub- ledger Accounts reconciliation, as well as weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to identify specific trends, explain past performance and recommend opportunities for improvement, within the division
- Provide supporting documents, records and schedules to meet audit and regulatory requirements; and all schedules /reports (including age analysis, assets movement, etc).
- Implement finance policies as well as guarantee compliance with established internal controls, MTN Processes, Policies and Procedure, IFRS, IAS and GAAP in processing all transactions.
- Process and post all account payables and receivables; and all month end deliverables within the monthly reporting timelines.
- Raise and post journal vouchers and other financial transactions in the ERP system, resolve all reconciling items promptly and maintain set departmental filing system.
- Relate with relevant customers and suppliers.
- Relate with other divisions and departments on revenue, expenditure and fixed assets related issues.
- Interaction with marketing division on billing and information systems functions
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Support MTNN assets financial control strategy and ensure CAPEX reduction through efficient monitoring of asset utilization and depreciation plan.
- Ensure compliance to asset tracking processes and procedures in line with the company’s objectives.
- Process cash transactions and analyse divisional cash floats for adequacy; and rectify error.
- Manage appropriately, the databases of Withholding Tax deductions on vendors’ payments, withholding tax (WHT) deductions for remittance and analyse vendor/staff sub-ledgers.
- Ensure efficient reimbursement of the fuel deposit as well as first-line review of departmental accrual submissions.
- Analyse and post/invoice PO’s received; and ensure accurate receipt of Purchase Orders on IFS by user departments.
- Consolidate all MTNN transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting in line with GAAP requirements and other accounting standards.
- Analyse additions for upload into Asset register and depreciation groups as well as ensure prompt update of databases.
- Manage Fixed Assets and record disposals/movements in fixed asset register.
- Interface with management in various departments and post Inter-company transactions, analyse quarterly balance sheet and P & L fluctuation; and assist in inter-company relationship management.
- Provide tax unit with detail analysis of disposed assets for capital gains tax purposes and deferred tax reversal.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements ,balance sheet accounts reconciliations Month-end/quarter-end /year-end closing , monthly expense variance analysis as well as property, sales and franchise tax returns in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Requirements, Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First Degree in any discipline, but a finance related degree is desirable.
- Part qualification in any recognised professional accounting examinations (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, etc) will be an added advantage.
- 3 - 7 years of experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in using an ERP system is desirable.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Analyst Test (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, IT Program Portfolio at MTN Nigeria
- Officer, Total Quality Management (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Business Intelligence at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at True Energy Services Limited
- Lead Grants Manager at Chemonics International
- Internal Auditor at The Place
- Head Business and Financial Advisory at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Audit, Tax and Revenue Technician at Pure Access IT Limited
- Chief Finance Officer at Alan & Grant
- Head of Accounts at Alan & Grant
- Financial Analyst at Agusto & Co.